aberdeen-music

Frightened Rabbit plus support @ Moshulu

Guest treader.

Steven was good. I enjoyed the Shins cover a lot.

Kartta were better than expected. Having never seen them before and only heard the myspace MP3s I wasnt too hot on them, but actually seeing/hearing it live made me realise how good a band they are.

FR were just spot on. I'd go as far to say better than last time, although it wasnt so quiet for Poke as it was last time.

Thanks very much! We really enjoyed last night. I was told we came across pretty well. We haven't really recorded something yet which I think does us justice. Glad you enjoyed it.

I thought Frightened Rabbit were about on par with the last time they played at moshulu. It's a pretty good sign that they can play up here twice in about 3 months and still pull a good size crowd in Aberdeen. Drummer is awesome.

If I'm gonna be horribly honest, I'm still not sure they need the 4th guy to help fill out their sound. I caught them two or three times as a three piece - one especially stands out at Indian Summer - and they were an incredibly powerful in terms of presence. I honestly felt at the end they had nothing left to give. I understand why he's there but I'm just not convinced they need him. Good sound for them last night too.

If I'm gonna be horribly honest, I'm still not sure they need the 4th guy to help fill out their sound. I caught them two or three times as a three piece - one especially stands out at Indian Summer - and they were an incredibly powerful in terms of presence. I honestly felt at the end they had nothing left to give. I understand why he's there but I'm just not convinced they need him. Good sound for them last night too.

rob, kartta have 3 guitarists. is this pot black mr kettle?

I popped along to see Kartta since I was actually free to do so, first time i've seen them since their major line up change. I think they are better for the change, not in terms of any change in abilities, just that they at times used to seem like they were including instrumentation that was at times superfluous to the song in order to give everyone something to do in every song. One particular song that I can't recall the name of but was played last night used to have glockenspiel all over that that to me sounded really out of place in the song and things definitely sound better now it is absent.

Anyway they were sounding good, some of the instrumental sections were fantastic, the 3 guitars meshed really well.

I was chatting up the back during the bit of Frightened Rabbit's set that I was there for, nothing there that made me want to get up close and check them out, I thought they sounded pretty unremakable personally.

Wasn't there in time to see Steven Milne so no comments there.

I popped along to see Kartta since I was actually free to do so, first time i've seen them since their major line up change. I think they are better for the change, not in terms of any change in abilities, just that they at times used to seem like they were including instrumentation that was at times superfluous to the song in order to give everyone something to do in every song.

haha, were you sneaking into kartta practices? my mini-accordian piece was essential to the kartta sound i tell you! :D