aberdeen-music

Marshal AVT-150

sross90

a guy who i used to play in a band with, who will probably give you a better idea of the sound if he replies, used to play one of these... he soon traded it in for an orange 212. wise, wise man.

as far as the OD channels go i can't remember much about them apart from the fact they weren't very good. Not that much feedback as far as i can remember... and isn't a noise gate one of the thirteen million built in effects anyway? that should sort it.

i don't think you can get a worthwhile new marshall amp for a decent price these days. Your probably better off with a fender deville or deluxe. if not go for a second hand amp. in the non 'preachiest' way possible: this will save you a ton of hassle!

I use an ME-50 in front of my AVT at the moment, so long as you leave the amp on clean you can get a decent sound. But then with the ME-50 your stuck with one drive due to the utter shitness of the bank swapping.

Man I think I hate everything I have, my guitar isnt any feckin better either!!!

I use an ME-50 in front of my AVT at the moment, so long as you leave the amp on clean you can get a decent sound. But then with the ME-50 your stuck with one drive due to the utter shitness of the bank swapping.

Man I think I hate everything I have, my guitar isnt any feckin better either!!!

you would be suprised if you used single pedals in front of yer amp. get a better sound with less noise. specially modded pedals like.

I used to have an AVT50. It served me well in my old crappy punk bands, but I wouldn't own one again. Buying one of these brand new is a waste of time as you can get a proper valve amp second hand for around the same price. Jim Marshall, instead of making good quality amps, has now found a profession in paying rebellious nu-metal musicians to endorse half-arsed solid state amps so he can sell them to kids and the parents of kids who just don't know any better.

ANY valve amp will probably be better than an AVT.

Avoid, like a turd in a swimming pool.