aberdeen-music

Greater The Shadow + Tom The Noisemonger @ Belmont Cinema

Black Park

GREATER THE SHADOW - Their past live shows have seen them creating heavy-quiet phrases similiar to and influenced by 65 Days Of Static, Isis and, em, Brokencyde. This gig, however, will see them stripped down in delivering delicate Explosions in the Sky-esque post-rock instrumentals

MySpace.com - Greater The Shadow - aberdeen(shire), UK - Rock / Ambient / Other - www.myspace.com/greatertheshadowmakemusic

TOM THE NOISEMONGER, formerly of The Jinx, supplies us with experimental sound effects from guitars, keyboards and computer programs. We're not entirely sure what to expect, but it's probably better that way!

MySpace.com - tomthenoisemonger - Aberdeen, UK - Folk / Pop / Experimental - www.myspace.com/tomthenoisemonger

Were it not for the fact I am stuck in Peterhead until the end of the week, I'd have toddled along to this. Give me a summons for the next one, as this Belmont Cafe malarky sounds like something I'd rather enjoy!

I think you would have liked Greater The Shadow stripped bare as well! Headlight should play - problem solved :ding:

I think you would have liked Greater The Shadow stripped bare as well! Headlight should play - problem solved :ding:

I have no doubt that I would. That night I saw you at the Tunnels when they played with Spokes I thought they played a blinder.

As far as Headlight acoustic shenanigans go, I'm game, even though in my bass-centric role I probably wouldn't be contributing too much!

All the best for tonight!

Guest idol_wild
How did this go?

Tom the Noisemonger was seriously fucking brilliant. It's so refreshing to see someone do that in Aberdeen. I especially loved the delay in his vocal. I wonder what he used for that. I may invest in a delay pedal for vocals.

GTS were the best I have ever seen them. I much prefer their quieter sets. Though I know they won't appreciate me saying that.

Tom the Noisemonger was seriously fucking brilliant. It's so refreshing to see someone do that in Aberdeen. I especially loved the delay in his vocal. I wonder what he used for that. I may invest in a delay pedal for vocals.

GTS were the best I have ever seen them. I much prefer their quieter sets. Though I know they won't appreciate me saying that.

Good to hear. I'm going to make a point of trying to get to these in future.