aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Gig Photos - FOR FREE!?!

Woolies

I enjoy taking gig photos, luckily; because it's been part of my work for 5-10 years. But I've only just returned to be beased in Aberdeen this month after 14 years absence - I have no experience of any of the current venues here!

If you're in a band or represent one playing in an Aberdeen venue, or maybe a promoter or venue and want photos of your gig then I want to take them :)

For a limited time I'm willing & prepared to do this for free.

The pros: I'm good. It'll cost you nothing. You'll get license to use the pics however you wish. I'll also pimp & promote the pics/gig/band all over the internet.

The cons: urmm, none? Except that I'll be unsure what to expect from venues layout & lighting so you may get fewer photos than my paid shoots ... sorry!

If you're interested leave a note in this thread, PM me on aberdeen-music, or contact me via my blog contact form.

My flickr account has some of my recent gig photos: SpoiltCat Gig Photos - on Flickr

2562752959_9ede2d887f_m.jpg

2541368052_dd8229610d_m.jpg
2585739508_f37626c239_m.jpg

It doesn't get any better value during the credit crunch than FREE ;)

oh also, I couldn't find rules for the Trading Post section so sorry to site staff if this is all out of place or inappropriate!

Sounds good! You want to come along to shoot our funk, hip hop and electro night in the Tunnels 2. Will be lively, and I'll buy you a beer. It's on Friday 5th December.

thanks for the good response so far guys :)

Sounds good! You want to come along to shoot our funk, hip hop and electro night in the Tunnels 2. Will be lively, and I'll buy you a beer. It's on Friday 5th December.
5th December at Tunnels 2 (I never knew they had two areas in the place btw...) is good for me, funk, hip-hop & electro sounds like a good night too - I'll PM you.
We're playing moshulu on the 12th and Tunnels (1 id assume) on the 18th.
Friday 12th @ Moshulu is also good for me, however it's my birthday on the 19th and I'll be in Glasgow that weekend so I best not promise anything for the 18th sorry, PM'd you about Moshulu though.
Alright Mate, Hows about free entry to take photos at Avoid The Morning, The Xcerts, Right Hand Left at Cafe Drummonds December 20th :)
Not going to be able for that date sorry, (birthday shenanigans in Glasgow that weekend), sounds like a good line-up though - I recognise a couple of the band names there.

Any other takers (for times other than Dec 17th-21st!!!)?

Also, thanks to Fudge for their PM & info on gigs they promote :)