aberdeen-music

24 Redemption

Elizabeth

It was pretty good. Bit strange not having it set in LA, but made for a decent change. Favourite part was his rambo moment in the trees! That was phenomenal(ly funny). Tee'd up season 7 brilliantly by introducing some of the main characters... except ALMEDA!

Only complaint was that there was a lot going on in the space of two hours. Thought they could have used the feature to break from real-time and get some proper location madness on the go.

Can't wait for the new season!

It was ok, which kind of sums up recent 24 seasons.

The first two seasons of 24 were absolutely magnificient but the last season was really weak and monotonous at times.

Redemption started off quite well but it ended up all being a bit pointless and reverted to type. also, talk about totally underusing a big actor in Robert Carlisle.

they seem obssessed with killing off any half decent character these days.

Never mind though, at least we have Tony Almeida. Talk about jumping the fuckin shark. How are they going to pull that one off? Jack wakes up and his death was all a dream :down:?

24 is just generally a trashy, cheap action show now though with the odd presidential conspiracy thrown in. They don't put a lot of thought into it anymore.

You never saw Tony die anyway. Jack cradled him and "thought" he was dying.

I've read this suggestion a lot.

However, I clearly remember the bodybag being zipped up and taken away :up:. It happened right at the start of the next episode. If he survived, would have Jack not been informed or anything. Come on :down:

I've read this suggestion a lot.

However, I clearly remember the bodybag being zipped up and taken away :up:. It happened right at the start of the next episode. If he survived, would have Jack not been informed or anything. Come on :down:

Ah yeah, I forgot about the bodybag.

Hmmm...

Gotta wait til January to find out I suppose!

The first 17 minutes of the new season are online somewhere. They almost comically brush over Tony's death with a simple:

He wasn't really dead and the people who took him away were in on some sort of conspiracy as well.

I wonder if they'll explain it more. I kind of hope they don't. Its obvious that originally Tony was supposed to be dead but then they realised how much season 6 sucked and in a way I'd rather they brought him back by just skating over the issue of his death rather than making a whole convuluted conspiracy that takes hours to explain and longer to understand.

To be fair though, people come back from the dead and escape from prison in 24 all the time.

Escaping from prison is possible.

Escaping from a zipped bodybag when you've clearly just died isn't.

They've brought characters back before but only if you haven't actually properly seen them die or if they perform some medical procedure like 2 seconds later.