aberdeen-music

Tattoo cover up?

Dianne

for tattoo coverups, i find that dulux works, but if you're not bothered about the shade, sandtex is the business because it's rugged and hard wearing. that's important if you spend a lot of time, for example, standing on a harbour wall with your skin exposed, because the sea will just fuck your paintwork right up.

either way, use a brush, not a roller unless your body is flat and has a large surface area.

Well don't ask strangers for advice then be a total bitch.

i'm not entirely sure what point you were trying to prove there, as that didn't make much sense in context, but i guess it doesn't take much to be a total bitch around here. i didn't entirely mean to sound so harsh, though it was a little frustrating to have that as a response.

Why do you want to cover them up?

i'm going to be a bridesmaid and it seems as though it'll be imperative that i cover them up.

i'm going to be a bridesmaid and it seems as though it'll be imperative that i cover them up.

That's a shame, they're part of you and should be appreciated as such. I guess you can't argue (unless you don't value your life :D) with the Bride though.

Can't help with the cover-up ideas unfortunately. I can't imagine any of the things on the market being too successful though. :(

yip I'm with thats part of you and who you are, covering up may make it look like a bad make-up job no? Never seen one covered (well not that I know of)

Can she not get a dress that covers up the bits?

I can't see you pic's btw...it's a red box :(

EDIT** have managed to log on and see the pic's, nice tats....I'm keeping a musical theme with mine, but was wanting a love heart outline too....Dont' worry I won't copy tho!

i'm not entirely sure what point you were trying to prove there, as that didn't make much sense in context, but i guess it doesn't take much to be a total bitch around here. i didn't entirely mean to sound so harsh, though it was a little frustrating to have that as a response.

Because some guy just tryed to offer you advice and you came back with a really ungrateful sarcastic comment.

Obviously the mods and two other members disagree with me for sticking up for a guy who was trying to help you out.

hm.:up:

fair point. turns out that stuff would be wholly unsuitable for the purpose suggested so i can only apologise. the neg rep was absolutely valid and i want to take this opportunity to apologise for any offense, hurt or distress i might have caused.

in future, i can only urge that people don't take any such advise literally without first checking for yourself whether something like that is safe.

That's a shame, they're part of you and should be appreciated as such.

those were my thoughts...

Sadly I cant recommend anythign from experience but this might be of some help:

Tattoo coverup? - Yahoo! Answers

It's suggesting DermaBlend and seems to be getting some good feedback :)

yeah, i saw some reviews for dermablend, but it had some pros and fairly big cons - one being that some of the people reviewing it couldn't get a shade light enough. i have pretty pale skin which could be a problem - could always get a fake tan, ha. this is quite the pickle.

Tats oot for the lads.

The look fairly discreet and tasteful to me, I don't see why you have to cover them up.

i don't think it's those ones she's worried about, though i could be wrong. i'm getting a half-sleeve started in the next month, so i can kind of see her point. it's very lovely, tasteful and girly though.

ho ho ho.

My bad. I misread the original quote.

I hold my hands up and apologise.

shame you can't take back the negative rep you gave, eh ;)

those were my thoughts...

i don't think it's those ones she's worried about, though i could be wrong. i'm getting a half-sleeve started in the next month, so i can kind of see her point. it's very lovely, tasteful and girly though.

What sort of thing are you getting done sleeve-wise?

If i was you i'd speak to the bride and try and see exactly what she has a problem with etc.