aberdeen-music

Getting out of a phone contract?

Skamikazee

The problem: I've got a contract with 3 that still has 12 months on it (18 month contract) and I can't get any signal on my new road/in my house. It's getting to be a bit of a problem as I don't receive texts until I leave the house and no one can phone me on my mobile when I'm at home.

Borrowed a few 3 phones from friends to check that it wasn't just my handset and their phones got no signal here either. Vodaphone and O2 both have reasonable signal here though.

3 customer support are no help, they say I can send in my phone to be checked, which is a massive waste of time and leaves me without a phone for a few weeks but that it isn't their fault that my new road has no signal.

I know phone contracts are very hard to get out of so what do I do? I cant afford to buy myself out of the contract nor can I afford to pay for a useless phone for 12 more months.

Surely they should've done a postcode check for you in the shop before they got you to sign the deal? I also just realised that you've had the phone for 6 months... I'm in stupid mode tonight.

Moneysupermarket.com - Getting out of a phone contract due to unacceptable service?

Have a read of that and see if it helps - it's not the best link. Stick your query into Google. Might find some amazingly helpful website out there. Could always go to Citizen's Advice and see what they say.

If o2 and vodafone can then there is really no legitimate reason they should not be able to. Ask them to get you service if they cannot - within a reasonable period do so - you should be able to cancel as they are not providing service as described.

Also if its 3 you didn't happen to get it from phones for you? if so you need to contact them and 3. Phones for you are a terrible company to deal with.:swearing:

Once all sorted consider getting a pay monthly contract Tariffs - O2 pay monthly SIM only tariffs

Google has been searched extensively, no luck it seems. If it makes any difference, I got the phone directly from 3, had a 12 month contract with them before this and they gave me a phone upgrade when I renewed to the 18 month.

I'm considering checking if I could just lower the contract to a much lower tariff a month, a fiver a month is easier to ignore than 25 but I have no idea if this is even possible.

Google has been searched extensively, no luck it seems. If it makes any difference, I got the phone directly from 3, had a 12 month contract with them before this and they gave me a phone upgrade when I renewed to the 18 month.

I'm considering checking if I could just lower the contract to a much lower tariff a month, a fiver a month is easier to ignore than 25 but I have no idea if this is even possible.

Again if you give them a reasonable period to get signal out there and they can't yet o2 can you can get out of the contract easily :)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

orange coverage is also pretty shit...i thought we had left the age of zero coverage in civilised areas back in the 90s - try telling that to me any time that I'm at my folks' house. The phone just leaves the dimension of modern comms, then once I leave 5 hours later i get like 40 texts of missed call notifications. Because I'm popular.