aberdeen-music

Fudge Awards 2009 - a local awards ceremony, for local bands - but where?

The Ghost Of Fudge

I have went for Lemon Tree as it is pretty spacious and better laid out for an awards type thingy than Moorings or Tunnels though I like them better for gigs. Band noms:

Best Rock - Downfall

Best Newcomer - Dead Metal

Best Indie - Amy Sawyer

Most Missed - Black Atom

Best International - Serpico (if Edinburgh is classed as International)

Best Of The Rest - Liars Dice

Best Extreme - Element 106

Worst Band - not really into negative voting but I have seen some howlers but can't remember the names of them.

whaddyayawl think of a monday evening/night in snafu?

is that a complete no-no because of work the next morning?

You don't need a crystal all to see what will happen if you hold it on a Monday...

Remember what happened last year when you took the advice of the vocal minority on this forum. Fuck everyone else - they aren't left with the bill.

Guest idol_wild
You don't need a crystal all to see what will happen if you hold it on a Monday...

Remember what happened last year when you took the advice of the vocal minority on this forum. Fuck everyone else - they aren't left with the bill.

I think it depends largely on what acts you book to play.

There aren't many local crowd-pullers to be honest, so you'd have to chose quite wisely.

Lately, My Mind's Weapon and Iname have proved to be reasonable crowd-pullers...

Best Band - The Marionettes

Best Rock - Short Notice

Best Newcomer - The Locals

Best Indie - The Little Kicks / Edgar Prais

Most Missed - The Garcias

Best International - Rodan

Best Of The Rest - Kashmir Red

Best Metal - Downfall / Emeritus

Best Extreme - Thrashist Regieme

Worst Band - Could name a few but cant really be bothered

My vote goes for Fiona Keenan for 'best of the rest'.

You can't have Black Atom as most missed! Sorry guys, but they've still got a gig to play and I'm sure they've had longer breaks between gigs than now and when the awards will take place :p

Problem with the Fudge Awards is that you end up trying to appeal to a vast range of people and tastes. You can't please everyone so why not try and have a few bands collaborate? Or bands doing covers of local acts? Little Kicks doing Deadloss, Thrashist Regime doing Amy Sawyers, something like that.

You think?

Copy Haho sound like Kashmir Red sound like Little Kicks sound like Headlight sound like Fivefifteen sound like Viper Lines sound like Cast of the Capital? (for example)

EDIT: I noticed your post wasn't just aimed at Aberdeen bands - point still stands though 8-)

Wait, you mean people have actually heard the Viper Lines............