aberdeen-music

Powering pedals

Lemonade

I'm currently playing with 4 pedals in my set up (Behringer Tube Overdrive, Behringer Vintage Overdrive, Marshall Chorus and a Small Stone Phaser) and I'm planning to add a couple more soon. However I'm getting pissed off constantly changing batteries and losing power halfway through practice. Looking for advice on how to power all of them from the mains without having to buy mains adaptors for each pedal.

Thanks

LR 8-)

this would do the job

POWER BANK 6 WAY SUPPLY FOR GUITAR EFFECT FOOT PEDALS on eBay, also Tuners, Accessories, Guitars, Musical Instruments (end time 29-Nov-08 12:22:46 GMT)

i have something similar and its lasted me well. i also think you can power pedals of the boss tuner pedal, although i have not tried this.

Fuck aye that does look handy. I could mount that on a bit of wood and stick all my pedals down and just leave them connected..... hmmm.....

I looked at Boss idea, I do really fancy the TU-2 pedal but it might have to wait till after Christmas!

Fuck aye that does look handy. I could mount that on a bit of wood and stick all my pedals down and just leave them connected..... hmmm.....

yeah, thats what i did. covered a bit of wood with velcro and have my pedals and power supply on it and it works fine for me. saves lots of time setting up at gigs/soundchecks as you dont have to connect all your pedals together or have to remember what order you have them in!

this would do the job

POWER BANK 6 WAY SUPPLY FOR GUITAR EFFECT FOOT PEDALS on eBay, also Tuners, Accessories, Guitars, Musical Instruments (end time 29-Nov-08 12:22:46 GMT)

i have something similar and its lasted me well. i also think you can power pedals of the boss tuner pedal, although i have not tried this.

I have one of those and it's just fine - and I also use the Boss TU-2 daisy chain with no problems at all.

For a smaller option - these are the business : Visual Sound The 1 SPOT 9VDC For Pedal Boards

I have one of these as a backup.

Voodoo Labs is the best, but very, very expensive.

If you're using just 4 pedals, you might be best just to buy the TU-2 (which would be a smart purchase) and daisy chain the power from one 9v power adapter. It's a cheaper option and you get one of the best compact tuners on the market included in the price. Then all you'd need a 9v adapter and the daisy chain links.

Since gigging and practicing with a TU2, I don't know how I'd be able to gig and practice without one.

• 3 weeks later...
this would do the job

I ordered that it camr this week. It's really good. Sturdy metal, and no buzzing when I hit the pedals. If only one of the cords would fit my fucking Small Stone!

Thanks for the recommendation.

I ordered that it camr this week. It's really good. Sturdy metal, and no buzzing when I hit the pedals. If only one of the cords would fit my fucking Small Stone!

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have a spare a adaptor for EHX pedals, goes on the end of the Boss types and has the EHX-style jack.