aberdeen-music

Charity Busking Event For VSA's Linnmoor School

This would be an ideal oppurtunity to promote your self or band in the city centre of Aberdeen and lend your support to a local charity.

The event will coincide with the aberdeen market on Belmont Street on the 29th Novemember and will run from 1000-1700.

Guest stars still to be confirmed SHOULD BE Dodgy.

Please contact Murray Keir on muzzakeir@hotmail.com if your interested in playing or are willing to lend a hand.

All your help and support would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a link to the school you would be raising money for

Linn Moor School - VSA

• Upvote 1

No one is being paid cloud

No money is being paid to anyone, it's a genuine event to raise money for Linnmoor School.

I was hoping for a positive response and i hope some people have e-mailed murray regarding performing as i genuinely feel this would be a great oppurtunuty to promote yourself or band.

As a Linnmoor employee i would like to stress that the school provides an excellent service and deserves support from the local community. We can't afford to pay people to collect money for us........

PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS WORTHY CAUSE, WE NEED IT.

Why is it any of your business? Why should they feel the need to divulge one of their (possible) expenses to you?

Because running an event for charity, only to pay 'rock stars' a huge appearance fee that eats up most of the money raised isn't quite ethical, non?

I'm merely curious, seeing as celebrities will often demand (and get) decent appearance fees from these things.

Well done on getting Dodgy to play for free if it's the case, though.

Because running an event for charity, only to pay 'rock stars' a huge appearance fee that eats up most of the money raised isn't quite ethical, non?

I'm merely curious, seeing as celebrities will often demand (and get) decent appearance fees from these things.

Well done on getting Dodgy to play for free if it's the case, though.

Well it really depends on whether or not those appearing have expenses or not. In the same way that you'd be spending money to get flyers printed, you might put down an 'appearance' as an expense paid in the hope that it'll attract more people, bringing in more money...

By repeatedly posting about demanding to know one of their possible expenses, you're only bringing the event into question, which you don't really have a right to, given that a) you're not involved with it and b) chances are you won't be attending, being that it's not in Poland.

Hope the event goes well dudes! Going to try and make it along at some point.

• Upvote 1

Please boys, i ken dodgy isnae abodys cup o tea but it's for a very very good cause.

Show your support and give murray an e-mail if yer interested in participating.

Posters appearing round aberdeen publicising this event.

Cheers

Rob

You'll get a positive response from most I'd say and ignore the nae sayers that have nothing better to do the question the fact the world is round.

Good luck:up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Hope this goes well - we are supporting Dodgy on Saturday night at Moshulu (as I'm sure you've all seen my numerous posts on the topic ;) )

With a bit of luck, my bandmates are free during the day and we can come along and help out too...!

Cheers,

Calum

:up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I just e-mailed Murray, and it bounced - says that e-mail address doesn't work, I've given @hotmail.co.uk a bash - will see how it goes... :up:

Nope, that didn't work either.... can you post an edited e-mail address that works please!? :up: