aberdeen-music

Guns 'n' Roses - Chinese Democracy

medichi

Axl was a bellend and still produced Appetite and Use Your Illusion.

I suppose it depends on what your definition of "produced" is. But if you read Slash's autobiography you will get an idea of just how much of a fucking bellend Axl Rose is. And I have met Slash, and found him to be a perfect gent, so I believe his account of how things went down.

But I was never a GnR fan, mainly because Axl Rose's voice is so fucking annoying.

i have to disagree, yeah its not as good as appetite or illusion but its still a decent album.

in the same thread as death magnetic is no where near master of puppets, but still a pretty decent album !

Death magnetic is ace. Chinese Democracy is terrible - there are NO GOOD SONGS, Axls voice is clearly shot to fuck. Worst album I have ever listened all the way through to, with hope in my heart that it would get good......

Death magnetic is ace. Chinese Democracy is terrible - there are NO GOOD SONGS, Axls voice is clearly shot to fuck. Worst album I have ever listened all the way through to, with hope in my heart that it would get good......

you've clearly never listened to any new music where they all sound like slaughtered animals ?

axl is a bellend admittedly and yeh his voice is shot, so is corey taylor's and "all hope is gone" is a fuckin superb album !!

chinese democracy is one of the most anticipated albums ever, did you ever expect it to be the greatest album ever to be released ??

Guest idol_wild

chinese democracy is one of the most anticipated albums ever

Really? I never knew it was imminent or even in the making until I read this thread.

I have yet to meet one person who is anticipating it in fact.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
you've clearly never listened to any new music where they all sound like slaughtered animals ?

what sort of 'new music' would this be then? I would have thought that a slaughtered animal made no noise at all, did you plug your speakers in before pressing play?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

PS the reason that it sucks, amongst from all the obvious reasons, is that Axl Rose secretly sacked himself from the band after realising that he was a massive cunt and was replaced by Rufus from Bumfights. The differences in their appearances are subtle but apparent.

This is Axl walking through the streets of LA

BLIT1230.JPG

And here we have a recent snap of Rufus rockin' the mainstage

1251422399_l.jpg

It's not the worst thing i've ever heard, but it really isn't good.

The production is almost like the "anti-Death Magnetic". The guitars are way too quiet and fizzy and the vocals are oddly compressed. I'm not entirely sure why it seems to lapse from sounding like Alice In Chains B-sides to NIN B-sides either.

Axl's voice really is knackered as well.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
aye ok, you got me there, stuff like: bring me the horizon, shitty "grindcore" or "screamcore" bands

Well I've never heard of 'screamcore' but I see what you're getting at. For the record though, grindcore has been around since the 80s, it just didn't used to be performed by androgynous teenagers.

I'm not entirely sure why it seems to lapse from sounding like Alice In Chains B-sides to NIN B-sides either.

I've yet to hear the album but my theory is that, because it's taken so long to make, it's basically a compilation album made by different bands, in effect. Also, it'll have been influenced by what was popular / critically acclaimed at the time.

therefore it ends up lacking coherence & common themes & sounds completely devoid of context or a time & place.

If Axl had any balls he have simply dropped this folly years ago, went into the studio with a tight band & knocked out something in a week or two & left Chinese Democracy to be a talked about but never heard internet legend.