aberdeen-music

I want a blink 182 reunion!

Aaron_Robertson

an online posting on his official site, Hoppus reveals that drummer Travis Barker's near-fatal plane crash has paved the way for a reconciliation with Tom DeLonge, who left the band in 2005 to form Angels And Airwaves.

"In the midst of everything else that has happened lately, Tom, Travis

and I have all spoken together," said Hoppus. "First through a number of phone calls,

and then a couple of weeks ago, we all hung out for a few hours.

They've all been great, very positive conversations. We're just

reconnecting as friends after four years of not talking. It's a good

thing."

"Obviously the first question for a lot of people will be 'does this mean a Blink-182 reunion?'," he adds. "The answer is none of us know. We

haven't talked about it at all. Right now, it's just good for the three

of us to see one another, reconnect and let the past be the past. The events of the past two months supersede everything that happened before. Life is too short."

Hope So!

Would be amazing!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money would have been fine. If Travis was toasted in the crash, they would have traced their old drummer and people would have gone nuts over the ORIGINAL LINE UP!

Still though, if the band meant that much to them to begin with, they wouldn't have split. Coming back to something that was once so disposable would just be some emotionless publicity stunt that thousands of kids would lap up.

I hate reunions. All reunions.

Guest treader.

While it would be nice to see this again, I doubt it would even be as good or whatever.

Angels and Airwaves are starting to hit it really big time now with their second album.

Whereas Plus 44 have gone a bit like a private Lear Jet not taking off correctly and hitting the runway, slamming through a fence and smashing into an embankment.

I mean...not done as well.

Your point seems fairly accurate and also quite strange, because Angel&Airwaves are just plain horrible, where as +44, whilst not being my kind of thing, sound kind of fun and jaunty in a latter-day Blink182 kind of way.

I guess they haven't helped themselves by barely touring or promoting themselves, whilst A&A have a music video for every day of the week, and Tom makes memorable appearances by prancing around like a bit of a woofter.

I never really got Blink182 myself though. They seem to evolve in a strange way. One minute it was all poop jokes and songs about boobs, then the next they are a serious rock band, or trying to be.

Guest treader.

Hmmm, I wouldnt agree with that remark about Blink.

If you listen to their albums chronologically (if you can be bothered/have the time) you can clearly hear they because less dick joke oriented and more professional pieces of music and stuff. They kept the "fun/fart joke" element right up until TOYPAJ but it's much much less apparent in that than say...Buddha or Cheshire Cat. KEN FIT I MEAN MIN?

I only heard Cheshire Cat once, and it sounded bad so I didn't bother again. I like how the title is written in Times New Roman bold though. Up the punx.

Take Off Your Pants seemed like a very poorly written album and just had nothing to offer in the way of hooks or just good sounding songs unlike Enema, which seems to be a milestone as far as that kind of American pop punk is concerned.

I never heard the latest album from start to finish. I heard that Travis mtulitracked his whole drum kit on it though. - recording one piece of it at a time. I really hope that is true. That would just be ridiculous. I love production perfectionists.

I heard someone is gonna run on stage and shoot Tom Delonge ala Dimebag.

Another publicity stunt.

boo!! :down:

and just for the record A+A blow balls

+44 are pretty damn cool

and blink182 are fookin mint,i like to see bands having fun and dicking about whilst also managing to be quite good and damn entertaining,i myself am very imature and enjoyed the whole "crappy punk" era,and i like to think i am keeping it going in my own "crappy" way:up:

I am thinking of murdering everyone connected to Blink 182 to prevent a possible reunion.

So you were flying the plane that didn't take off and cooked Travis?

That was brave, but you did it wrong.

i like to see bands having fun and dicking about whilst also managing to be quite good

Good at what? They were atrocious live.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
They were a hugely below average band who watered down punk to the level where it had less substance than actual water, and their very presence helped to create Busted. Pop punk was the emo of it's day. Let it die.

Damn straight, add Green Day and Offspring to that as well. Fucking bilge, the lot of it. Punk be fucked, it was pop shit with a bit more guitar.

Not :up: and not punk.

i thought their later stuff (i.e. the last album) had some good pop songs on it

never really been a fan of the band, most of the stuff is dreadful (i thought that "adams song" with the wicked drumbeat was good and that one about the staying together for the kids was good)

one thing is for sure, not one thing about about that band was punk

Not much of a fan of their later stuff, much prefer Enema and Dude Ranch so I'm not fussed about a reunion.

I did see them a few years ago at the Hammersmith Apollo. I didn't know at the time that the Apollo has no age restriction so most of the crowd appeared to be parents with small kids. This plus the fact that blink-182 are a bit rubbish live meant that this was one of the most strange and disappointing gigs that I've ever been to.

Looks like the old "that's not punk" argument is back, which is the equivelant to the "what is emo" debate that has been fuelling the internet for the past couple of years.

I think its fair to say that the likes of Green Day and Blink182 and whoever else was mentioned as not being "Punk" obviously started out as "Punk" bands but the idea of making a bit of cash from it seemed all too appealing.

They were all on "Punk" record labels and playing with "Punk" bands in "Punk" venues at one point, so what exactly stopped them from being "Punk"? Was it the major labels? Husker Du and The Replacements jumped ship to a major label at some point in their lifespans, and you can go eat a turd if you're gonna tell me they weren't punk bands.

Looks like the old "that's not punk" argument is back, which is the equivelant to the "what is emo" debate that has been fuelling the internet for the past couple of years.

I think its fair to say that the likes of Green Day and Blink182 and whoever else was mentioned as not being "Punk" obviously started out as "Punk" bands but the idea of making a bit of cash from it seemed all too appealing.

They were all on "Punk" record labels and playing with "Punk" bands in "Punk" venues at one point, so what exactly stopped them from being "Punk"? Was it the major labels? Husker Du and The Replacements jumped ship to a major label at some point in their lifespans, and you can go eat a turd if you're gonna tell me they weren't punk bands.

Without getting into the whole "what is punk?" nonsense, the important difference to note between the Replacements/Husker Du and Green Day/Blink 182 is that the Replacements/Husker Du weren't absolute shit.