aberdeen-music

Stricken City

saf-one

Introducing...

Stricken City

strickencityzj2.jpg

Single Lost Art out now on ACTH Recordings.

Check them out and see what you think.

www.myspace.com/strickencity

Brilliant video for Lost Art watch it Here

Buy Here if you like:

Itunes

Roughtrade

"Insanely catchy, ramshackle post-punk pop" - THE GUARDIAN

"Typically magnificent... playful percussion and beguiling melodies that stick in your head from first listen. What a treat" - THE FLY

"As perfect as breezy indie pop gets. Lead singer Rebekah Raa's sweet alluring unpredictable melodies will surely put a spring in your step. Irresistible" - ARTROCKER

"Impossibly pretty" - UNCUT

"Disco meets scuzzy garage-guitars in this blissful dancefloor filler-in-waiting" - NME

"A beautiful cacophony which combines singer Rebekah Raa's accomplished voice with an intriguing instrumental arrangement" - THE SUN

"The hurtling, hands-in-the air Lost Art confirms just how special this band are. SC fashion something fresh and pretty much perfect." - THE SUNDAY TIMES

Aberdonian manager and bass player too :up:

Hope you like.

• 3 weeks later...

"There's not too much to get excited about in London of late (as if Londoners would ever allow themselves to do such a thing) but beaming through are the immaculate conception known as Stricken City. Full of wonderful - if odd - influences, like Life Without Buildings, The Sugarcubes and Bow Wow Wow, they shuffle timidly onstage and become complete, effortless pop stars. Led by a striking apparition known as Rebekah Raa, they make you feel a little bit sorry for every other band trying to get somewhere" - NME

-

Guest idol_wild

The recordings have some nice moments, but on the whole I find them a little dull. I like the guitar tone and the dynamics of the drumming, but they just lack actual tunes, in my opinion. Josephine and Life Without Buildings have already done it. And without the need for the pointless electronics.

Though I get the impression they may make a killer live act, in the right environment.

I'm sure ACTH will have them playing here soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

"Insanely catchy, ramshackle post-punk pop" - THE GUARDIAN

"Typically magnificent... playful percussion and beguiling melodies that stick in your head from first listen. What a treat" - THE FLY

"As perfect as breezy indie pop gets. Lead singer Rebekah Raa's sweet alluring unpredictable melodies will surely put a spring in your step. Irresistible" - ARTROCKER

"Impossibly pretty" - UNCUT

"Disco meets scuzzy garage-guitars in this blissful dancefloor filler-in-waiting" - NME

"A beautiful cacophony which combines singer Rebekah Raa's accomplished voice with an intriguing instrumental arrangement" - THE SUN

"The hurtling, hands-in-the air Lost Art confirms just how special this band are. SC fashion something fresh and pretty much perfect." - THE SUNDAY TIMES

"Hmm, No, I didn't like this at all. I thought it was kinda crap actually" - ORIGINAL SPIES

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...