aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

Your personal opinion on the subject is pretty worthless.

I don't think drinkers rationalise as much as you say.

You're still ignoring my implicit suggestion that you're an easily manipulated, senseless consumer willing to lap up anything you're told is cool, an idea which is far more interesting than your personal reflections over this ABV crap.

Are you genuinely just trying to be a slightly watered down version of Stripey?

A bottle of 330ml 18% beer will get you more drunk than a bottle of 330ml 4% beer, if both are drunk over the same time scale.

What you're arguing is that people wouldn't drink Tokyo over the same time scale, and in fact alter their drinking speed to suit the alcohol content.

Speculation over the length of time people in the future will drink at is highly questionable.

It might be highly questionable for robots, but for anyone that has drunk Tokyo it's pretty clear cut - you drink it slower because it's a far richer and more intense flavour. Tokyo has a thicker consistency and tastes a bit like liquorice. If you'd tried to rush it then you'd probably throw up. You don't see many people rushing a Guinness - well this is two orders of magnitude beyond Guinness in terms of richness.

It's also expensive, weighing in at 3x the price of a regular bottle of beer. People buy it to savour, not for a cheap thrill.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to try it. And before Kimy calls me a herd following hipster sheep, its cos I want to know what the fuck it tastes like. If I wanted to get steaming, I'd drink Absinthe. Like I did last night. And I was fucking hammered. Without spending a penny. A TNP would cost me either 30 or 250.

I honestly, from the depths of my brain, cannot understand why you think someone would spend 10 on an 18% beer to get pished when they could buy 4 times as much for cheaper.

Love this:

A warning on the label states: This is an extremely strong beer, it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. In exactly the same manner that you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost.

Kimy is right. They're fucking ace at marketing. I want to suck their cocks.

I want to try it. And before Kimy calls me a herd following hipster sheep, its cos I want to know what the fuck it tastes like. If I wanted to get steaming, I'd drink Absinthe. Like I did last night. And I was fucking hammered. Without spending a penny. A TNP would cost me either 30 or 250.

I honestly, from the depths of my brain, cannot understand why you think someone would spend 10 on an 18% beer to get pished when they could buy 4 times as much for cheaper.

Aye, 30 could get you a fair few litres of Vodka, more than enough to kill you. Fucking hippies.

Hahaha! This thread is brilliant!

You guys just keep confirming Kimy's view. This reminds me of a section of Stewart Lee's stand up: YouTube - Stewart Lee - Big Brother Scandal - 41st Best Stand-Up Ever

And to even suggest that he is trolling is clearly just a hasty and sullen defence mechanism after being soundly spanked by this one:

KimyReizeger is beacon of non-conformity on a increasingly monotone aberdeen-music.

KR is proud to be an intrepid David in a desperate ocean of insipid Goliaths.

KR is proud to be an alternative.

Agreed x 1000. How many other Company Directors would do this to promote their new product?

brewdog.jpg

You don't see though that? It's so clearly a stunt!

After seeing a Nike advertisement do you assume that Ronaldo and Cantona are at this moment engaged in some sort of deadly underground 5-a-side match against a host of other branded distractors?

Please point out the "spanking". I must be blinded by the preaching.

KimyReizeger is beacon of non-conformity on a increasingly monotone aberdeen-music.

Got it this time?

Also, it could be helpful when trying to insult people to actually work out what the word "preach" means.

After seeing a Nike advertisement do you assume that Ronaldo and Cantona are at this moment engaged in some sort of deadly underground 5-a-side match against a host of other branded distractors?

You mean the beer makers don't wear fancy dress to work?!?! There was me being led along too.....

o_O

Of course it's clearly a stunt, you dunce. It's all marketing. What's your point exactly?

Got it this time?

Also, it could be helpful when trying to insult people to actually work out what the word "preach" means.

I wasn't insulting anyone, so dismount your high-horse.

preach

Pronunciation: \?pr?ch\

Function: verb

Etymology: Middle English prechen, from Anglo-French precher, from Late Latin praedicare, from Latin, to proclaim, make known, from prae- pre- + dicare to proclaim

Intransitive Verb

to urge acceptance or abandonment of an idea or course of action; specifically : to exhort in an officious or tiresome manner

Yep, just what I thought it meant. Think that sums up his posts quite well, certainly within this thread.

Yep, just what I thought it meant. Think that sums up his posts quite well, certainly within this thread.

Well, I think the thought is that generally, Brewdog's branding is set out to inspire and entice people who are enclined towards a "punk" mentality, who like the idea of rebellion and admire the fight against oppression; These are all features of Kimy's posts in this thread, hence why I quoted the spanking he gave you.

Well, I think the thought is that generally, Brewdog's branding is set out to inspire and entice people who are enclined towards a "punk" mentality, who like the idea of rebellion and admire the fight against oppression; These are all features of Kimy's posts in this thread, hence why I quoted the spanking he gave you.

Keep quoting it all you like, I'm not really considering it a spanking.

They have their own philosophy, their own image and their own style - is that why I respect them in what they are doing? Yes it is.

Is it why I like their beer? No it isn't.

Why do I like their beer? Because it tastes good, better than the generic chemical filled pish that you can buy 24 tins of for 6.

I think that is the case for most people on here. Why people are trying to make out like there is some strange conspiracy behind them doing what every business does - advertising. They have found a hook that works, the main goal of advertising.

I first tried the beer because it was local. Nothing to do with the "punk" image. I thought it was the mutts nuts so I bought more. I admire the advertising, but to be honest it had nothing to do with my drinking the beer.

• Upvote 1