aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

What has he/they done to be dicks? Or at least any more dickish than before?

I'm not stirring anything here, i'm just interested. I mean, I haven't come into contact with any press surrounding them in years. I keep a look out for their beer when i'm in craft-type places over here but in terms of marketing or press coverage they obviously haven't made that much of a dent in the US, otherwise I would have seen/heard about it before seeing this poster for the show.

From what i've read in this thread:

- they yucked out a guy dressed as a punk whilst drinking in their supposedly punk-friendly bar... that's shit

- their marketing is 'fake and forced'... that's pretty much 95% of all marketing i'd say.

What has he/they done to be dicks? Or at least any more dickish than before?

I think it's mainly just the fact that their beer comes (or it did the last time I bought one) labelled with badly written, verbose tirades stating that if the purchaser (who's just paid a premium price for said beer) doesn't happen to like it, he's a philistine who should just go ahead and drink something else. That, and the fact their beer really isn't very good.

I haven't seen/read any of the owner's alleged personal dickish behavior but the above was enough for me.

The last time I went to Brewdog, a waitress had a go at me for not drinking a Brewdog product, I was drinking red wine. She actually opened with "Not having a go, but..." and I said that I didn't like any Brewdog beer, which is true as I'm more of a Tennents man. She was not pleased about this at all and I was made to feel quite unwelcome in the bar. Now, it might seems strange I was in there since I don't like their drinks, but I was meeting friends who happen to. Not so keen to go back now, I don't want to be given grief for spending money on their premises again. I'd happily have a pint/drink in Six Degrees North, safe in the knowledge that cunt staff won't be exploding their vag's at me. Wish they sold Tennents though.

• Upvote 5

The last time I went to Brewdog, a waitress had a go at me for not drinking a Brewdog product, I was drinking red wine. She actually opened with "Not having a go, but..." and I said that I didn't like any Brewdog beer, which is true as I'm more of a Tennents man. She was not pleased about this at all and I was made to feel quite unwelcome in the bar. Now, it might seems strange I was in there since I don't like their drinks, but I was meeting friends who happen to. Not so keen to go back now, I don't want to be given grief for spending money on their premises again. I'd happily have a pint/drink in Six Degrees North, safe in the knowledge that cunt staff won't be exploding their vag's at me. Wish they sold Tennents though.

A pubs only a pub if it has Tennents on draught.

Its not about getting too big to like, they still make decent beer if you like that kinda stuff, they have still achieved something brilliant, but the difference is, now they know it, and they really make sure they ram it down your throat constantly. 

Plus i fucking hate hipsters who like things i dont. 

I like a handful Brewdog beers, but I've still never been to the pub, as it always looks totally rammed. I buy their gear in Supermarkets like the unrelenting punx that I am.

The waffle on the side of the bottles doesn't bother me, because it's quite clearly a joke. Nothing wrong with acting Billy Big Bollocks when you're running a business. Nice guys finish last. You don't win friends with salad. etc.

Snooty staff is bogus though. You should have proposed they step outside with you, to settle the matter like gentlemen.

• Upvote 1

I think it's funny as hell how many craft beer companies have changed their labels and logos, to appear more "edgy" and in line with Brewdog - even some of the names sound like complete rip offs.

They're clearly doing something right.

Craft beers have always had weird names like Sheep Shagger and Arrogant Bastard! Brewdog haven't pioneered anything there. I've never seen any direct rip-offs, butt I don't doubt that they exist!

xx