aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

Guest treader.

well, for some dumb ass reason the site that it links to is blocked from my work computer. (I guess our bosses dont like us knowing about anything that's in the news)

THAT is why I didn't read the article Cloud, you shit. 8-)

This could backfire BIG TIME on the Portman Group.

There is no such thing as bad publicity. And Brewdog could not buy exposure at this level. If I was them then the next step would be to place censored stickers over the label, or perhaps release "an interfering little ale" called Nanny State. Then I'd phone the Daily Mail.

The Portman Group would have to view each label or name change as a separate item, so by going to war with them Brewdog would be guaranteed years of free publicity, whilst the PG's credibility would dive.

JD Wetherspoons - responsible drinking - they're having a laugh.

• Upvote 1

Diageo (Portman Member) have just launched a sponsorship deal for the Christmas drunk driving campaign with Northern Constabulary & Grampian Police.

Drinks giant helps tackle drunk-driving - Scotsman.com News

As an organisation with significant interests in Scotland & a head Office in Edinburgh, I imagine they might be watching their local paper.

Comments are open! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
BrewDog Blog Archive | 2008

The whole blog is worth reading. I particularly like the episode for 01/08/2008 with the video clip of James taking on the TV news reporter (and kicking his ass). Here's a direct link to the clip:

*heads straight to website to order beer based on this piece alone*

Power to the small guy that knows what he is doing!

• 4 weeks later...
The Independant (doubt it) Complaints Panel has upheld the Portman Group's claims about Brewdog's Speedball ale.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Speedball beer facing sales ban

for fuck sake. what a bunch of utter utter cunts.

"The blurring of alcohol and illicit drugs fosters unhealthy attitudes to drinking and trivialises drug misuse.

"BrewDog is profiteering from the scourge of illegal drugs, mocking the misery caused by misuse.

"The company is seriously misguided in its claim to be educating and preventing people from misusing drugs. We are taking urgent action to protect the public from exposure to such negligent marketing."

is this guy for real? what a load of scaremongering nonsense. it's pure deflection to draw attention away from the portman group members who are far more irresponsible in their marketing than brewdog.

perhaps brewdog were big retro computer game fans and named the drink after the classic speedball franchise. did they think of that eh? fucking cuntfucks.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
with the exception of the 6th Feb

when are your school easter holidays? I might go away somewhere...

Exception of 6th Feb? You boys coming to the Exposure clubnight and having a few cheeky beers... ;)

with the exception of the 6th Feb

when are your school easter holidays? I might go away somewhere...

Aye Friday 6th Feb is an exception... because i'm not in Aberdeen; so different rules apply :up:

It's mainly to try and save money for going to Japan and Norway in the summer; since working out I spent about 50-100 a month on booze.

Going to be a cheapy April hols for me Maxi, as i've already had to fork out over 100 on a stag doo i'm going on in Inverness on the middle weekend. March 28th is the Holland v. Scotland game, so I'm allowing myself to drink heavily for that :love: