aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

oh for fucks sake, i can't believe we're still having this stupid argument. kimy spanked no one, he just wound everyone up by banging on and on and on and on about the same thing which no one fucking argued with in the first place. no one actually cares if marketing is working on them. only kimy and tickingtimebomb, who obviously have never been influenced by marketing of any form, ever, no siree. they're much smarter than that and indeed us.

kimy was called a troll not as a sullen defence but because he was trolling.

yes this is obviously a stunt. no one gives a shit. it's a fun stunt and one which will work well for brewdog. they geniunely produce innovative beers and market them in a way which is also innovative for the real ale market.

i'm off to have a trashy blonde with my steak and i'm gonna fucking enjoy it. it doesn't matter why i bought it, just that it tastes ace.

• Upvote 2

Guest Gladstone

Holy fucking shit.

Everyone so far as said they think the marketing is clever, and they like the "local boy done good" story. Of course they do. I love a story like Brew Dog's. But the main reason their beer does well is because they back up their clever marketing with some tasty beer. If their beer tasted shit, people would have bought it once, maybe twice just to give them a chance, but they wouldn't keep spending extra cash on beer that doesn't taste any better or worse than say a tin of tennents or stella.

You know what Brew Dog has done for me? Got me genuinely interested in drinking proper beer, and not the generic stuff like Tennents all the time. I do still habitually drink Tennents as my lager of choice. But I do like a cheeky Brew Dog or two at the weekend, sitting watching the telly on a Friday night.

Last weekend, I was in the local shop in New Pitsligo, and discovered a shelf full of real beers. Couldn't believe it. They weren't stocking any Brew Dog (which seems a bit strange as their not very far from the brewery...), but I tried a couple of different ones. One of which was called Fursty Ferret, and it was fucking magic. Better than the Brew Dog beers, so if I'm faced with the choice of a Brew Dog or a Fursty Ferret one day, I'll buy a Furst Ferret.

But, the Brew Dog beers do taste good, and you know what, for all their clever marketing, etc. I do realise that they run a business and their primary objection is to make money - but aside from that they have this underlying message that they aim to "educate" people about drinking better beer, and drinking sensibly etc, and they have done that with me. I would never have dreamed in a million years about drinking a Fursty Ferret 5 years ago. It was fuck all to do with the clever marketing for me, it was the fact they're a couple of guys from the Broch that I gave the beers a try. They obviously got their beers out in the mainstream through the clever marketing, and I might never have heard of them otherwise.

But fucking good on 'em I say.

• Upvote 2

oh for fucks sake, i can't believe we're still having this stupid argument. kimy spanked no one, he just wound everyone up by banging on and on and on and on about the same thing which no one fucking argued with in the first place. no one actually cares if marketing is working on them. only kimy and tickingtimebomb, who obviously have never been influenced by marketing of any form, ever, no siree. they're much smarter than that and indeed us.

kimy was called a troll not as a sullen defence but because he was trolling.

yes this is obviously a stunt. no one gives a shit. it's a fun stunt and one which will work well for brewdog. they geniunely produce innovative beers and market them in a way which is also innovative for the real ale market.

i'm off to have a trashy blonde with my steak and i'm gonna fucking enjoy it. it doesn't matter why i bought it, just that it tastes ace.

"You must spread....."

:up:

Guest Gladstone
I see they are offering shares in the company on the website. I'm tempted to pick a few up cos I could really see them taking off.

Yup. I think that would be a good investment. May think about this one meeself.

I see they are offering shares in the company for 230. I'm tempted to pick a few up cos I could really see them taking off.

if i had the cash just now i would buy some, though i did read an article the other day saying they might be refused planning permission for their new brewery. maybe wait till that's approved.

Holy fucking shit.

Everyone so far as said they think the marketing is clever, and they like the "local boy done good" story. Of course they do. I love a story like Brew Dog's. But the main reason their beer does well is because they back up their clever marketing with some tasty beer. If their beer tasted shit, people would have bought it once, maybe twice just to give them a chance, but they wouldn't keep spending extra cash on beer that doesn't taste any better or worse than say a tin of tennents or stella.

You know what Brew Dog has done for me? Got me genuinely interested in drinking proper beer, and not the generic stuff like Tennents all the time. I do still habitually drink Tennents as my lager of choice. But I do like a cheeky Brew Dog or two at the weekend, sitting watching the telly on a Friday night.

Last weekend, I was in the local shop in New Pitsligo, and discovered a shelf full of real beers. Couldn't believe it. They weren't stocking any Brew Dog (which seems a bit strange as their not very far from the brewery...), but I tried a couple of different ones. One of which was called Fursty Ferret, and it was fucking magic. Better than the Brew Dog beers, so if I'm faced with the choice of a Brew Dog or a Fursty Ferret one day, I'll buy a Furst Ferret.

But, the Brew Dog beers do taste good, and you know what, for all their clever marketing, etc. I do realise that they run a business and their primary objection is to make money - but aside from that they have this underlying message that they aim to "educate" people about drinking better beer, and drinking sensibly etc, and they have done that with me. I would never have dreamed in a million years about drinking a Fursty Ferret 5 years ago. It was fuck all to do with the clever marketing for me, it was the fact they're a couple of guys from the Broch that I gave the beers a try. They obviously got their beers out in the mainstream through the clever marketing, and I might never have heard of them otherwise.

But fucking good on 'em I say.

Nail / head. Can't rep you unfortunately.

Keep quoting it all you like, I'm not really considering it a spanking.

They have their own philosophy, their own image and their own style - is that why I respect them in what they are doing? Yes it is.

Is it why I like their beer? No it isn't.

Why do I like their beer? Because it tastes good, better than the generic chemical filled pish that you can buy 24 tins of for 6.

I think that is the case for most people on here. Why people are trying to make out like there is some strange conspiracy behind them doing what every business does - advertising. They have found a hook that works, the main goal of advertising.

I first tried the beer because it was local. Nothing to do with the "punk" image. I thought it was the mutts nuts so I bought more. I admire the advertising, but to be honest it had nothing to do with my drinking the beer.

This.

Incidentally, the new brewery at potterton has been given the go-ahead

Well I am glad to hear it. If they got you into good ales, then that's fair enough.

Fursty Ferret is a nice one and Badger make some lovely ales. Not to stir things up again, but I see them as less... vulgar than Brewdog. If you are looking for a nice one to try then I think that of all the ales I am into right now, my favourite is St. Peter's Organic Ale.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

They have their own philosophy, their own image and their own style - is that why I respect them in what they are doing? Yes it is.

My case is so heavy...

I think I may have to rest it here.

Just after you ignore all the other posts and quote the only one which backs up your point, yeah?

Come on then, lay it on me then. What did I say that had so much "consequence"? Eager minds are dying to know...

It's not surprising that my posts seem enigmatic to you, as I actually said that I wasn't aware of any other posts in the last few pages that were of any consequence. And I was replying to Lucky Rathen. You have sort of owned yourself by not reading correctly. Too many strong Brewdog beers perhaps?