aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

I heard the other day that they're a throwing a buttload of money at the Underdog bar to turn it into 'THE Premiere music venue' in aberdeen

I hate everything about brewdog, and the one gig we played in Underdog last year was fucking terrible BUT if they do this right it could be pretty damn good for the city

Edited by AVB
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AVB said:

I heard the other day that they're a throwing a buttload of money at the Underdog bar to turn it into 'THE Premiere music venue' in aberdeen

I hate everything about brewdog, and the one gig we played in Underdog last year was fucking terrible BUT if they do this right it could be pretty damn good for the city

Meh - they've already tried hiring promoters, hiring sound equipment and using good soundmen - and then been too hard to work with for most of them from what i've heard.

The problem in Aberdeen isn't places to play, it's getting people to come along....

As long as people would rather hear bad versions of Sex on Fire and Mustang Sally than listen to something they haven't heard before a new venue will make no difference.

• Upvote 1

that does not surprise me at all to be honest, as I say the gig we did at Underdog was a joke.. they neglected to tell us there was no backline as the stuff they  'borrowed' from downstairs had been collected by Gav a week prior to the show and they never thought to get replacements sorted.the sound (much like the beer) was fucking atrocious and They also had double booked us at each end of the show so as we were loading in and trying to find some short notice cabinets a bunch of suits from some office firm was pricking around finishing up their meeting, then the manager cut Headless Kross' set in half cos he needed to boot everyone out so the fucking Hippy fest thing they had coming in could set up.

Fuck that place  

• Upvote 1