aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

What was the "joke" on the bottle that caused all the fuss? Just some kind of "the beer is less strong so you can drink LOTS OF IT! LOL!" crap?

The Brewdog guys strike me as the types who laugh hysterically at their own jokes.

xx

In all fairness, one of them seems like a pretty decent bloke, the brewer one. The other, business minded, one is a gargantuan bellend of epic proprtions. I think he'd PBW himself silly at his own jokes.

In other local brewery news Brewdog must be doing something right that Brewmeister copied their marketing look - http://thebeercast.com/2014/01/brewmeister-new-look.html (although they state they are copying Stone), although while Brewdog has always been about good quality beer that they like drinking, Brewmeister seem to be about making money over anything else - http://thebeercast.com/2014/04/brewmeister.html

I fucking despise one of the twats who started this, and old flatmate.  He admitted then that he was copying Brewdog and wanted to overtake them.

They may have made the worlds strongest beer now, but it tastes like utter shit and that's coming from their own staff.

Doesn't surprise me, I did ask if it had actually been proven but was told by the staff that "it doesn't have to be".  Apparently the same goes for not cleaning the equipment, as apparenlty the ingredients get so hot it doesn't need cleaning.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I have tried brewdog and like it so they've done wonders for the brewing world by introducing folks like me.  It'll be interesting to see how their advertising will evolve

I always find it baffling why so many people hate Brewdog. I've always admired their marketing skills. Although, it's been that long since I drank any of it so no idea how good it tastes. The punk thing I've never really found offensive - most breweries and people involved in the craft beer industry are fairly wanky and at the end of the day they're running a business so it's not like their growth is some sort of hoppy version of Dylan going electric.

Anyway, i'm just contributing to the same old argument that comes back time and again in this thread so sorry for that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Brewdog trading window coming up - thinking about selling my shares.

This is what they sent out with the trading email.

http://448f59f74df57015bbb8-a9447b7dfa4ae38e337b359963d557c4.r88.cf3.rackcdn.com/EFP Trading window DRAFT4.pdf

Seems like you've just got to guess what the shares are worth and then put that as the price you want to sell them for. Anyone any thoughts on an actual valuation for the company?

Consensus on the forum is about £70.

I've already sent my stuff off to sell my shares, went for £47.50 as that's what a share was worth for EFP4, although would like to keep some for the discount in the bar. I sold the last time so already doubled the money I spent on them.  You can amend the price on the day of the sale.

• Upvote 1

£95 for 2 shares, so £47.50 a share.

Last time we were looking at selling 20 and set the price at £95, ended up getting £125. It does work itself out, there's a lot of oh woe is me stuff on the forum with regards to the way the price is derived, but as they haven't listed on the AIM then this is the best way to do it, and the price does work itself out. There was one guy who was always moaning about Brewdog way of doing things, but set his sell price too high so missed out on selling.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...