aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

Craft beers have always had weird names like Sheep Shagger and Arrogant Bastard! Brewdog haven't pioneered anything there. I've never seen any direct rip-offs, butt I don't doubt that they exist!

xx

I know they're not the ones who invented the daft names for beer, but the labelling has certainly changed and you do see more of the silly names in supermarkets, when I had only really seen them in the "old man" pubs I used to work in. 

I do also know another company who are direct rip-offs of Brewdog, and are basing their entire business plan on becoming the next better, bigger brewdog.

So they have set the bar now, everyone knows who they are and they're getting people who wouldn't drink craft beers to actually try it and as a result, different brands too. 

I still haven't been to the pub, primarily because I'm a big jess who can only take a few real ales so I tend to just drink the odd bottle in the house. Good on them for trying to keep up momentum I say. The NE hates when folk grow out of their roots. Actually that may be a British thing in general....

Hipsters - why do they all want to look the same? That short back and sides hair cut? I don't get it....

I just find it odd that a group of people who wish to be elitist choose to look the same.

See Punks, Goths, Mods, Rockers, Emos, Britpop etc...  it's just another youth subculture.  All "expressing themselves" by looking the same (or by looking like 1920s brummy gangsters if you believe the accuracy of Peaky Blinders).

See Punks, Goths, Mods, Rockers, Emos, Britpop etc...  it's just another youth subculture.  All "expressing themselves" by looking the same (or by looking like 1920s brummy gangsters if you believe the accuracy of Peaky Blinders).

I cant say I recall any of these having the same superior attitude....apart from goths, they could seem a bit snooty but I just took that to be more an air of caution because they were the most comical subculture.

• 6 months later...

I still like them. I haven't actually drank that many of their beers, but I do drink a lot of golden ales, red ales and IPAs nowadays, way more than I drink lager, and that's all through starting out on Punk and 5am. I can't wait until I can grow a proper beard so I can get fat and wear a woolly jumper and go to real ale festivals. 34 years old now so should happen any day now.

James has said that they need to start moving away from the hyperbole that they were spouting when they first started the company as they are now in a different place - http://thebeercast.com/2013/09/new-brewdog-brewery.html

In other local brewery news Brewdog must be doing something right that Brewmeister copied their marketing look - http://thebeercast.com/2014/01/brewmeister-new-look.html (although they state they are copying Stone), although while Brewdog has always been about good quality beer that they like drinking, Brewmeister seem to be about making money over anything else - http://thebeercast.com/2014/04/brewmeister.html