aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

Brewdog infuriate me sometimes. I like to see local people doing so well but their marketing is so aggressive and cocky, dissing other beers and treating the customers almost as if they know nothing about drink themselves. This wouldn't be so bad (but still pretty fucking annoying) if they made some fantastic beers but in my humble opinion, they don't. Like Alkaline and Stroopy have said, underwhelmed totally by anything they've made and I think it really is an achievement of style over substance. Distinctly mediocre drink with a clever marketing department.

It's not that they make bad beers. Just in no way superior to beers that they diss. I don't get what they do differently to any other artisan/micro brewery. If anything its their marketing department which excels. We wouldnt be talking about them if they were called Buchan breweries or something and sold beers like 'will o the wisp', 'ugie lager' etc.

It's not that they make bad beers. Just in no way superior to beers that they diss. I don't get what they do differently to any other artisan/micro brewery. If anything its their marketing department which excels. We wouldnt be talking about them if they were called Buchan breweries or something and sold beers like 'will o the wisp', 'ugie lager' etc.

This is it exactly, their antics draw attention, which will inevitably draw attention of knowledgable ale drinking types to the fact that their drinks taste akin to many other offerings and in some cases will be poorer.

Plus of course they come from NE Scotland where they will be met with negative criticism automatically for daring to get off their arses and have some modicum of success, it's the done thing around here.

• 1 month later...
I did it last week.... has it not expired now though?

It was a cheese platter between the 2 of you and 6 beers (third of a pint).

And a bit of jibber about each beer.

yeah but they were fully booked so they let it run over...i presume its 6 each?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bob Knob
They're opening a bar a minute away from my abode in Camden. I'll be walking past it every time I go to Sainsbury's to buy cabbage. How exciting!!! (i hope. haven't actually read this thread yet)

nick-grimshaw-portrait.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Equity for Punks II Share Release | Online IPO | BrewDog

I see they have more shares up for sale. Anyone investing this time around?

I just bought some, as I drink there a fair bit and the discount will pay for itself.

I'm swithering. Would like to invest but I can't justify a significant spend just now. Might just fork out the minimum at the moment to use the discount.

I'm swithering. Would like to invest but I can't justify a significant spend just now. Might just fork out the minimum at the moment to use the discount.

I did the minimum for now as I'm in the same boat, SKINTO!

And so much other stuff on right now.

Lets be honest, you probably won't get much, if anything back on your investment.

• 2 weeks later...
Equity for Punks II Share Release | Online IPO | BrewDog

I see they have more shares up for sale. Anyone investing this time around?

I just bought some, as I drink there a fair bit and the discount will pay for itself.

At 3 a pint with your 5% discount it'd take around 1,000 pints to make your hundred quid back.

Good scheme and a good company to invest in - they have nowhere to go but up - but the discount is probably the least financially sound part of the investment. That said, I'm led to believe you get more of a discount online?

xx

Aye the 20% discount online is great. I've easily made back my share from the first run of Equity for Punks on online discount.

Going to the Glasgow launch tomorrow after seeing Inverness Caley Thistle get pumped by Motherwell at Fir Park. The bar is in a really nice location across from the Kelvingrove museum, so I should manage a few visits when I'm down for various football matches.

Aye the 20% discount online is great. I've easily made back my share from the first run of Equity for Punks on online discount.

Going to the Glasgow launch tomorrow after seeing Inverness Caley Thistle get pumped by Motherwell at Fir Park. The bar is in a really nice location across from the Kelvingrove museum, so I should manage a few visits when I'm down for various football matches.

Is it open yet?

I passed it a couple of weeks ago and it was still getting fitted out.

I'm sure mid to late August was the date given for opening.

I went with huntedbyafreak last night and found it thoroughly enjoyable. A bit bigger than Aberdeen Brewdog and much lighter due to the big windows looking out to the museum. They do more food options as well, with burgers and pizzas being offered in addition to the cheese/meat boards.

Going back tonight after the Motherwell v Caley game in the hope some free samples are handed out!

Took a friend to Brewdog's Musa in Aberdeen last night. Really great food, terrific steaks but the poor musician doing a solo spot had a diifficult audience. We were the only ones who applauded.

Maybe Brewdog should get their staff to discretely applaud from behind the counter, upstairs etc and get the diners started in appreciating the music. I hate to see a musician's efforts not being recognised.