aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

• 2 weeks later...
I've a fridge full of Dogma and Chaos Theory at present. Chaos Theory is the perfect midpoint between the Punk and Hardcore IPA, and the Dogma's dead drinkable.

Not tried the Chaos Theory, and is sold out at present :(

Have a case of Hardcore and Dogma to work my through though. The Dogma is indeed very drinkable!

Tried the AB:04 on my wee visit last week too. Chilli and chocolate beer..... nice.

Bastard just got this email. Whats the 04 like? and how do you organise tours of the brewery?

Hi Stephen,

We have just released a batch of Chaos Theory in the last few weeks so it will be a long time before this is back on sale. There are no plans to brew it in the near future. Apologies and keep up to date with all our news on our blog.

Fiona Murray

Online Sales

The 04 was cracking, can't wait till it is released! Several bottles will be purchased.

Have a few bottles of 01, 02 and 03 aging nicely to drink next year too!

I don't think they actually do tours as such. I met them at one of their Musa nights and they invited us to pop up as my brother was over from Oz and was interested in the whole brewing process.

Next few weeks. I was speaking to the manager on Saturday, but I was cunted and forgot exactly what he said...

Nae shock there! You were pretty 'merry' when I bumped into you in Exodus last Thursday too. Shambles.

you lucky bastard id well be up for that, "just popping to the toilet" then find the massive barrells of 5am saint, knife a hole in the fucker and fill my boots (this is all in my head obviously)

They had mountains of 5am Saint Kegs packaged up ready to ship. You could have filled your boots several times over.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't look very open last night when I drove past on my way to play footy.......

On a side note.... was in Edinburgh last weekend and went to Cloisters bar (who sell BrewDog stuff).

9 for two pints!!!! Oooochaaaa hoor!

5.90 for a 330ml bottle of BrewDog Dogma!

Gonna need a new mortgage to drink in the new pub if it's along these lines.

The price of the stuff in shops doesn't suggest it is going to be doing much in the way of drinks promotions. Trouble is that while it may have a short term novelty value, long term folk are unlikely to sustain excessive prices. Who knows though, since it is their own establishment they will hopefully have the business sense to price realistically.

I had a pint of 77 Lager in there last night at around 11 or so. It was excellent. It is the first pint of lager I've had in at least a couple of years that actually tasted as lager should do; no fizziness, no watering-down, just a really good drink. I realise that's pretty much exactly what they say they want to achieve with it and they definitely have.

Costs of pints ranged from around 3 to 3.50 and there were LOADS of different ales and what have you from around the world as guest ones.

My friend asked one of the barmen about opening times and it seems as though it'll be open from 4pm-12 every night of the week and there won't be a late licence on weekends.