aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

No self interest at all from the Portman Group there...

Exactly - Fuckem!

Remember who they are:

Portman Group:

Full members:

Allied Domecq

Bacardi Brown Forman Brands

Beverage Brands (UK) Ltd

Carlsberg UK

Coors Brewers UK

Diageo Great Britain

InBev UK Ltd

Pernod Ricard UK

Scottish & Newcastle

Associate members:

Mitchells & Butlers

Thresher Group

Union Pub Company/Pathfinder Pubs

JD Wetherspoon

Also remember that Portman expressly allows some of its members to do what it forbids everyone else.

when they promoted their ban on alcohol advertising on kids replica shirts, they left one out - Carlsberg, on Liverpool gear. Of course, Carlsberg's parent just happens to own one of the Portman Group's members - Scottish & Newcastle.

Life must be nice when you are one of the cunts on the other side of the fence where the rules don't apply?

so, what legal obligation is there to follow any rulings from this group? anyone know?

They have been given some legal control over advertising & media exposure. Don't think they can do anything about sales in non-member places.

The Portman Group themselves were formed as a pretty desperate attempt to deflect stricter legal controls on the big drinks companies - back in the days when they were targeting kids with alcopop advertising. the "pre-drinking" market if you will.

They have been given some legal control over advertising & media exposure. Don't think they can do anything about sales in non-member places.

The Portman Group themselves were formed as a pretty desperate attempt to deflect stricter legal controls on the big drinks companies - back in the days when they were targeting kids with alcopop advertising. the "pre-drinking" market if you will.

surely something like wkd made by beverage brands would be just as guilty as any of the brewdog ales yet they're advertised on prime time tv channels and a full member of the group. hmmm.

surely something like wkd made by beverage brands would

be just as guilty as any of the brewdog ales yet they're advertised on prime time tv channels and a full member of the group. hmmm.

Yup - fully agree.

However I think it more likely they are hitting someone without the resources to fight back - See they are also having a go at Skulsplitter as well. Clearly they didn't bother to find out about that name being as much of a term of endarment as anything else. :swearing:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

"Have you got a wicked side" etc etc with all those "wicked" jokes that it encourages you to play on your mates is just cheeky advertising....

Fuck off and leave the Brewdog guys alone to get on with making their beer!!

This is a fucking farce. I'm pretty much just agreeing with everyone else here.

It just so happens that they launched this as the drinks were getting increasingly popualr as well as the founders winning an award in business.

I think everyone should go out and buy/drink some brewdog. I'm gonna have some at the moorings on Friday. Hopefully they've got some Physics on pump.

I don't know much if anything about this Punk IPA, but from what I read in that article, it hardly seems fair.

Being persecuted by a self-regulating body with a large self-interest is a joke. They should take this to the Parliament and tell Portman to get to fuck, or make Portman go up to the Broch and tell it to their faces!

Anyway, if we're looking at irresponsible drinking, shouldn't we be looking at that Octopussy Night at Pearl?

I've seen a few Bebo comments from them which literally say, "let's get wasted on 1 drinks!!!!"

Surely Portman should be sticking their noses in there.

Although I promote irresponsible drinking because it's fun.

This annoys me.

What's the harm in asking someone in the thread what something relevant to the thread means?

It's the way that all he needed to know was in the article, but he obviously couldn't be bothered to read the article to actually find out.

It's a bit pointless asking a question when the answer is already there and linked to.