aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

New series of IT Crowd.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

awful show...the 'black books' of our generation. i don't know if I find it even less funny because i work in IT, and sometimes wonder when I'm assisting someone with a technical matter "man, i bet this guy thinks that my office is like that one on that show with all those tossers on it, you know the ones that work in the IT department" also chris morris is in it, being really unfunny. that's another reason to hate it.

I work in IT and it far from resembles it in real life, but that isn't really the point of the show is it?

I am pretty sure Father Ted wasn't an accurate representation of life in an isolated parochial house in Ireland, but that didn't stop it from being funny as fuck.

Black Books is fucking great and, although I didn't like it at first, I've come to love the IT Crowd.

Surely Black Books is the Black Books for my generation? Either that or I'm old.

Black Books is brilliant!

I really like IT crowd. It doesn't exactly echo life in an IT department but it does have the odd spooky moment where it does.

Chris Morris isn't in it anymore. His character was killed off by jumping out the window of his office.

I remember being really excited when series 1 first aired 'cos it was by Linehan, then feeling a bit disappointed by it because the jokes were too easy and Jen shouted too much. But Linehan didn't like it much either. I watched series 2 purely for Matt Berry and did find it was much better, the dialogue was funnier and Jen's volume had been turned down. Then I went back and re-watched series 1 and felt differently, saw the charm.

...PARKLIFE!

Anyway, yeah, went to see episode three of the new series being filmed at the start of October and it was pretty sweet. Surreal to see it all right in front of me though. I've friends who were at the other recordings and by the sounds of things, even though episode three was pretty good, it sounds like it'll be the token "weak episode".

In other words: I am excited.

I've not gotten into Black Books at all because it just doesn't want me to want to like it. I can tell. There was a bit of that with The IT Crowd but I started laughing and laughing before I switched off and I'll have some more thankyou!

The anti-piracy ad they had in one episode was shit-in-a-dead-coppa's-helmet funny.

IT CROWD is definitely the shittest program ever made. It's embarassing to watch.

Shame the IT folk didn't put in little IT things on the screen to tell you when to laugh LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Because that's the only way you'd laugh. Little IT things on the screen.

I thought the first episode in this new series was terrible however the second one was pretty good. Is it just me or is the canned laughter alot louder in this season than the other two seasons?

The last episode was genuinely hilarious. The geezer talk was brilliant and magician look-a-like with the salt and pepper shakers was worth a chuckle too. Much better than the start of the series.

Yeah, the magician was awesome too. Nothing will ever beat Peter File though. That episode almost had me wetting myself with laughter.

I wanna know how the magician was cast, he was perfect :D

Jen used to annoy me in series one, too shouty. Then she grew on me in series two and her "Well... let's just forget about it..." voice in episode one of this series made me laugh too hard.

When the IT Crowd get it right it can be the funniest program on the planet. There have been a good number of genuine classics in the 2 and a bit seasons so far, definitely including the most recent one.

I watched the first episode.

It came across like the majority of modern day 'comedy' shows do. IE about as funny as a dose of the clap. I like my humour a little more subtle.

I watched the first episode.

It came across like the majority of modern day 'comedy' shows do. IE about as funny as a dose of the clap. I like my humour a little more subtle.

Subtle like using worn out similies to compare tv shows to venereal diseases?

I'd like to say that the camera angles and lighting and Linehan's flawless script writing made me love this last episode, but it was pretty much Matt Berry in pants that did it for me.

Was the episode I went to see filmed that was on tonight. They cut out a lot, but it was pretty odd watching it from a more close-up angle. I'm glad they kept in Berry's "Come on, be game!" line which was just improvised.