Teenage Cool Kids - Queer Salutations

Samamidon - All is Well

Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind of Cadwallader

Lotte Kestner - China Mountain

Goldmund - The Malady of Elegance

Bon Iver - For Emma Forever Ago

Why? - Alopecia

Best Result of the Year

Something on strictly come dancing? I really don't know.

Best Purchase of the year

My bike.

YAS MINs of the year -

Becoming a better cook (not hard). Finally buying a good lens. Other stuff i can't remember.

Biggest Dissapointment -

Greg Haines at the Tunnels and my 3rd year politics course so far.

Looking forward to 2009 -

My CD-R compilation, finally getting something done with Cap Sante (and other endeavors if i have the time), and the new Harry Potter film.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time

Velvet Audio

Copy Haho

Kashmir Red

Best gigs this year

Kashmir Red @ Wizard Festival

Annie Stevenson @ Whistlebinkies

Glasvegas, and especially Zane Lowe @ Moshulu

Oasis @ AECC

Best Releases of 2008 ;

Eh........ canna think

Copy Haho's EP is great, as is Cast of Capital!

Best Result of the Year

Celtic wrestling the title back from the Gers in that climax to the season. I was sitting in Pittodrie when the Dons beat the fuckers 2-0 on the last day of the season.

"Barry, what's the score, Barry Barry what's the score"

Brilliant :up:

Haven't bought anything that exciting - eh............. Celtic vs Barca ticket - despite getting taught a footballing lesson, the atmosphere was brilliant, and seeing genuine world class footballers playing football the way it should be, was really cool!

YAS MINs of the year -

The Underkills headlining the Banshee Stage at Wizard Festival and managing to pack the tent out despite clashing with Roddy Woomble and the Damned!

Biggest Dissapointment -

Missing way too many great gigs due to other commitments

Looking forward to 2009 -

My stag weekend/4 days - Oasis @ Murrayfield, drinking in Edinburgh, catching some more ace live music whilst there, go-karting, more drinking

Getting married and moving into our beautiful converted steading in the country

Qualifying as a proper solicitor and not being a trainee anymore...

Exposure @ Lemon Tree going monthly, and hopefully being all round great!

:up:

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time

Algernon Cadwallader, Dananananaykroyd, Los Camp

Best gigs this year

I haven't been to a gig at all this year. I should have gone to 30 Fest, but I wasn't too up for the millionth Joe Ninety reunion.

Best Releases of 2008

I'm terrible with names. The Algernon record, Dillinger Four - Civil War, and that Los Camp record that comes in a big fancy box.

Best Result of the Year

Nein

Telecaster Custom II

YAS MINs of the year

New job working with nice people for good money. The gradual fruition of Cap Sant!

Biggest Dissapointment

The new Bridge and Tunnel record.

Looking forward to 2009

Cap Sant! getting off the ground. Hopefully a string of dates further afield will take place and people will bat their hands together when the music stops.

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time - MGMT...ermm...Copy Haho - everyone else says it!

Best gigs this year - Prodigy - T in the Park, Some Band in Snafu who i cant remeber but i was so out my box it didnt matter...was sweaty though.

Best Releases of 2008 - Kings Of Leon....dont think i bought a CD - probably why our band sounds like music from the 90's...

Best Result of the Year - Negative to Syphilis around July time. Was shitting myself till i seen that....

Best Purchase of the year - a new fone to block my bint ex.....

YAS MINs of the year - Aberdeen beating the Huns....playing Wizard festival and the Montrose Music festival. I fucking love Montrose...c'mon the Gable Endies..! Playing a gig in London which was actually a bit of a joke however...Finally nailing a "groupie" (see result of the year for correspondance)

Biggest Dissapointment - Getting kicked out two flats, losing two jobs and finding out depsite how older i get i dont seem to get any wiser...its all good though!

Looking forward to 2009 - hopefully going back to the US in some capacity, keep gigging around the UK....just generally enjoying myself..!

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time - MGMT...ermm...Copy Haho - everyone else says it!

Best gigs this year - Prodigy - T in the Park, Some Band in Snafu who i cant remeber but i was so out my box it didnt matter...was sweaty though.

Best Releases of 2008 - Kings Of Leon....dont think i bought a CD - probably why our band sounds like music from the 90's...

Best Result of the Year - Negative to Syphilis around July time. Was shitting myself till i seen that....

Best Purchase of the year - a new fone to block my bint ex.....

YAS MINs of the year - Aberdeen beating the Huns....playing Wizard festival and the Montrose Music festival. I fucking love Montrose...c'mon the Gable Endies..! Playing a gig in London which was actually a bit of a joke however...Finally nailing a "groupie" (see result of the year for correspondance)

Biggest Dissapointment - Getting kicked out two flats, losing two jobs and finding out depsite how older i get i dont seem to get any wiser...its all good though!

Looking forward to 2009 - hopefully going back to the US in some capacity, keep gigging around the UK....just generally enjoying myself..!

Not the best year then...?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Best 3 bands heard this year for the first time - Syphilitic Vaginas/Bin Laden's Daughter/Ablach.

Best gigs this year - Any I've played, except the Edinburgh one.

Best releases of 2008 - Syphilitic Vaginas "Complete Studio Collection" CD/Netjajev SS - "Discography 2007" CD.

Best purchase - See above.

YAS MINs of 2008 - My ex left town for good/a great weekend break in London with a terrific friend/playing some cracking gigs/discovered a love for the Moorings/local bands I'm not interested in breaking up/mortgage payments consistently dropping.

Biggest disappointments - Going through a spell of puking up blood/getting 2 teeth punched out of my head/getting a nice bonny dental plate and losing the bastard after a month/not seeing my ex off on the train/getting outbid every fucking time for the Rupture/Dropdead 8".

Looking forward to in 2009 - Fuck knows, let's just see what happens.

:up:

First time I have heard these bands- Dead Can Dance

Gojira

Best gig- Been away from gigs for a while but shall return

Best release- Metallica- Death Magnetic

Yas mins- Getting married, winning Scottish Most Promising Photographer award and a National merit... worked so hard on my photography this year. Element writing shit loads of songs.

Disappointments- Hardly playing any Element gigs because of our work.

2009- We shall see...

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time Copy Haho, Cast of the Capital, The Underkills

Best gigs this year Wizard Festival, Glasvegas and Friendly Fires, Oasis

Best Releases of 2008 Glasvegas, Last Shadow Puppets

Best Result of the Year Getting last minute tickets for Glasvegas :up:

Best Purchase of the year See above

YAS MINs of the year See above again!!

Biggest Dissapointment - None really - been a good year

Looking forward to 2009 See what happens, hopefully more ace gigs!

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time The Casting Out, Polar Bear Club, The Gutter Twins

Best gigs this year Gallows(ABC), The Bronx (ABC2), and possibly The Gaslight Anthem/King Blues on Wednesday

Best Releases of 2008 Metallica - Death Magnetic, Trap Them - Seizures in Barren Praise, The Casting Out - EP, The Bronx - III, Night Marchers - See You In Magic, The King Blues - Save the world, get the girl (album of the year), H20 - Nothing to Prove, etc etc etc

Best Result of the Year Getting a few publications. Not very rock n roll.

Best Purchase of the year A house. We'll see if that is a long term gain.

Biggest Dissapointment - Guns n Roses, Fucked Up, Genghis Tron

Looking forward to 2009 Metallica, New Guitar, getting off BT

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time - Sun Kil Moon, Why? and Off Minor.

Best gigs this year Enablers - Tunnels, Eluvium - Barrowlands, Stars of the Lid - Tunnels, Sun Kil Moon - Stereo, Converge - Ivory Blacks, Maths/Blessed/Archives - Capt. Toms, any time I saw Kaddish, Radiohead - Glasgow Green.

Best Releases of 2008 Sun Kil Moon - April, Why? - Alopecia, Desalvo - Mood Poisoner, Faraquet - Anthology, Stapleton - Rest and Be Thankful, Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind Of Cadwallader.

7"s

Narrows - S/T, Copy Haho - You Are My Coalmine, Street Smart Cyclist - S/T, Algernon Cadwallader - Demo, Kaddish/Battle of Wolf 359 - split, Colour/Rotary Ten - split (for the Colour side)

Best Result of the Year Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers 22nd May 2008. "Barry, What's The Score?" and Ally McCoist in tears.

Best Purchase of the year Circle Takes The Square's demo ep thing for 5, An Orange 2 x 12", both Kolya 7"s and various other pieces of vinyl.

YAS MINs of the year Meeting a lovely girl, playing Dundee with awesome bands and being in excellent company.

Biggest Dissapointment - Both Dons Cup Semi-Finals, The Twilight Sad live, Poison The Well being cancelled, missing Stapleton, lack of regular band activities at the moment, Greg Haines and his sandpit.

Looking forward to 2009 I really don't know. I'm sure it'll be a hoot. :)

Guest treader.

You'd never heard Weekend Nachos before this year!? That's a 'Teabags' band for sure.

Surprise of the year: Finding out Teabags hadn't heard Weekend Nachos before this year.

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time - Airbourne, Alestorm, Stone Gods

Best gigs this year - Bloodstock 2008, Exodus/Evile at Glasgow Cathouse, Nightwish at London Astoria, Skindred at Moshulu, Turisas/Alestorm at Moshulu, Wednesday 13 at Moshulu, Hanoi Rocks/Soho Dolls at Moshulu, Ida Maria at Tunnels, pretty much all the sets from Dead Metal, Thrashist Regime & Downfall at various establishments.

Best Releases of 2008 - Motorhead - Motorizer, AC/DC - Black Ice, Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God, Benedictum - Dawn Of Seasons, Black Stone Cherry - Folklore & Superstition, The Clan Destined - In The Big Ending, Disturbed - Indestructible, Exodus - Let There Blood, Testament - The Formation Of Damnation, Metallica - Death Magnetic,Tesla - Forever More, Stone Gods - Silver Spoons & Broken Bones, Serpico - Neon Wasteland

Best Result of the Year - Scotland beating England at Murrayfield in the 6 nations

Best Purchase of the year - Sony Vaio laptop / Mario Kart for the Wii

YAS MINs of the year - finding out I was losing my job only to end up with 2 offers later the same day

Biggest Dissapointment - my mum getting breast cancer, my aunt getting breast cancer, me getting a viral heart infection that was very scary, having my wifes parents stay.

Looking forward to 2009 - AC/DC gig, Priest/Megadeth/Testament gig, new job, Scotland not getting humped in the 6 nations, going back to Finland for more metal and Minttu.

You'd never heard Weekend Nachos before this year!? That's a 'Teabags' band for sure.

Surprise of the year: Finding out Teabags hadn't heard Weekend Nachos before this year.

Yeah. Only heard about them because of "This Comp Kills Fascists"

Other powerviolence bands I've heard this year are Cumsquirt, Pretty Little Flower and Helicopter Thompson and the ones I mentioned in my last post.

Best 3 Bands heard this year for the first time - Animal Collective, Deerhunter, MGMT. I've got into AC pretty late but they've instantly become one of my favourite bands

Best gigs this year - Radiohead at Glasgow Green, Tv on the Radio at the ABC and Tokyo Police Club in King Tuts, all awesome

Best Releases of 2008 - Fleet Foxes s/t, Deerhunter - Microcastle, MGMT - Oracular Spectacular, Be Your Own Pet - Get Awkward, Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell

Best Purchase of the year - just bought my first mp3 player, to help me catch up with the 21st century

YAS MINs of the year - 3 months in Nepal at the start of the year, the whole time was awesome

Biggest Dissapointment - Dons 3 - QOTS 4

Looking forward to 2009 - Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion realeased in January, expecting something awesome