aberdeen-music

Aberdeen pubs and clubs in the 80s & 90s....

Clyde

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I haven't, sounds great though. Where is it?

I can't remember, exactly. I have family connections in Torry and it was for my uncle's 40th birthday party. It was within the depths of Torry - Grampian Circle sort of vicinity, probably.

It was not good.

The Cockade's not all that bad. Certainly a lot better than it used to be since it got a good facelift a few years ago. The guys that own the Greentrees in Dyce and somewhere in Bod (parkway?) bought it over and cleaned it up quite a lot with TVs, carpets, actual furniture etc. Took them weeks though, When they re-opened all the punters thought they'd changed the beer, because the pipes were actually clean for the first time in years. Supposedly they eradicated the rife drug problems by spraying every level surface in the bogs with WD40.

Still wouldn't mince in and ask for a babycham though...

Following the comments about it on another thread, I paid a visit recently to the 524 Cocktail Bar....it was actually calm and pleasant, although admittedly it was at dinner time. I might even nip in again today for a return visit.

Apologies for mentioning this again, but I did an album featuring 'found sounds' from various pubs, starting at Torry and ending up at the Holburn Bar. The only sign of unpleasantness was in the Snuggery where a scrap started, with chairs being wielded.

Guest idol_wild
Apologies for mentioning this again, but I did an album featuring 'found sounds' from various pubs, starting at Torry and ending up at the Holburn Bar. The only sign of unpleasantness was in the Snuggery where a scrap started, with chairs being wielded.

Never under-estimate the lengths boozers will go to maintain privacy. :gringo:

Thanks! One of these days I'll learn it & do it live.

I missed out on most 'clubs' in the 80s /90s......just went to pubs such as the Prince of Wales or Ma's (before it got spoiled by the big 'join-up' of the wee rooms), and gigs at the Venue, Ruffles etc, where I felt more out of place then than I do now, despite being an auld manny and an embarrassment.