aberdeen-music

Aberdeen pubs and clubs in the 80s & 90s....

Clyde

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I was only in Mr Gees a couple of times but my memories of it are that it played predominintely 70s disco music, the bogs were full of drug dealers, and a guy I was in with spewed all over a table once then fell alseep with his face in it.

You're from the Broch aren't you... :up:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, I always thought Barney Rubbles was the pre-windmill bar .... now some french food place. I must have been drunk back then.

Don't forget Glow 303 / Kef.

Oh Henry's used to be good. Don't even know if it still exists as a bar.

Dr Drakes, when it was still at the Castle Gate.

That bar on Bridge street where we used to have goth nights. (The one with the really tall doors that's eternally shut now.)

You're from the Broch aren't you... :up:

Yeah and I THINK it might have been a Brocher! I was actually thinking about this the other day and I can't remember for the life of me who it was, or who I was with. It was like 10 years ago to be fair. We were all sitting round a table and there was one guy who was totally shitfaced, much drunker than everyone else and he was starting to get on everyone's tits a little. Then he suddenly lurched forward and barfed all over the table. We all simply stood up, grabbed our stuff and went and sat at another table, leaving him spewing in his lap and on the table. He then put his face on the table and fell asleep. He was there for a good half hour before he got kicked out. He was fucking stinking when he got kicked out. Funny as fuck. I can't remember who it was but the behaviour does sound very typical of a guy from the Broch I used to hang around with back then.

Mr Gee's was Club Tropicana wasn't it?

Aye, it's Club Tropicana now, just unsure as to whether it was still Mr Gees or something else back in 96.

Henry J Beans was class back in those heady Britpop days. I was devastated when it turned into Berlins, but that didn't stop me getting up on stage and taking part in a singing competetion on its opening night. :down:

I was only in Mr Gees a couple of times but my memories of it are that it played predominintely 70s disco music, the bogs were full of drug dealers, and a guy I was in with spewed all over a table once then fell alseep with his face in it.

Pretty much describes it - Although (IIRC) it suffered prolonged death throes from the day it was by far the classiest club in town. o_O

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Aye, it's Club Tropicana now, just unsure as to whether it was still Mr Gees or something else back in 96.

Henry J Beans was class back in those heady Britpop days. I was devastated when it turned into Berlins, but that didn't stop me getting up on stage and taking part in a singing competetion on its opening night. :down:

My only lasting memory of Berlins was that it stank of pish

sounds kind of like the 'Clappy Valley' or was it happy valley?

Shit, some of my schoolmates were regulars there - Yup, in the days when they didn't give a shit about half their custom being 15yr old, or younger if they were female.

One lass of 14yrs used to come into class with just a blazer over her clubbing gear & would often show us the various scratches/bite marks etc from her pulling exploits the night before - sometimes in the most interesting places! o_O

I remember being in 'Rabbies Bar' now 'Cheers' with a group of friends and we got into an arguement with another crowd over a game of pool. There was a bit of a mexican stand-off as my mate snapped the pool cue over his knee and gave the classic 'Come on then' line.

Everyone kind of backed off until we were all out of there.

Great memories.

I remember being in 'Rabbies Bar' now 'Cheers' with a group of friends and we got into an arguement with another crowd over a game of pool. There was a bit of a mexican stand-off as my mate snapped the pool cue over his knee and gave the classic 'Come on then' line.

Everyone kind of backed off until we were all out of there.

Great memories.

That's just reminded me that what's now the titty bar above used to be a gay bar called Caberfeidgh (sp). I only went there with gay work colleagues, honest. Oh and Club Sapphire was also a gay bar before it was Drakes.