aberdeen-music

Aberdeen pubs and clubs in the 80s & 90s....

Clyde

Firstly, can anyone remember what "The Filling Station" used to be? It's starting to bug me now, thanks. Do you remember when Jimmy Chung's used to be "Cupids" (i think?!) and when The Illicit Still was the Bond Bar? Any other pubs/clubs in the 80s and 90s that are no longer there?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought Soda Fountain was Beluga?

could be wrong...

Think you're right.

The major changes I remember was Flare and Firkin becoming the Holburn Bar, works->glow303->Kef, wodka bar when it did gigs and had kareoke on a Thursday. That was all mid to late 90s stuff though.

The major changes I remember was Flare and Firkin becoming the Holburn Bar, works->glow303->Kef, wodka bar when it did gigs and had kareoke on a Thursday. That was all mid to late 90s stuff though.

Crivvens.

I remember all those too.

Life was simple then.

The Wodka bar was TINY too I remember, none of the downstairs bit or beer garden was there.

Firstly, can anyone remember what "The Filling Station" used to be? It's starting to bug me now, thanks. Do you remember when Jimmy Chung's used to be "Cupids" (i think?!) and when The Illicit Still was the Bond Bar? Any other pubs/clubs in the 80s and 90s that are no longer there?

It was "Long Island Ice Tea" for a while as well.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

The playstations in Hullabaloos were awesome! They had that racing game, can't remember what it was called - the one with the cars that rolled 360 degrees - ace!

rollcage?

Yeah - that's the one. My flatmates and I used to play the game all the time in the flat in first year at uni, then discovered they had it in Hullabaloos as well when we were out on the piss...

I can't help like feeling that I wasted first year at uni playing Rollcage...

Is that the place next to the Palace (sorry Liquid, sob)?

Yeah, now Private Eyes 2. The Palace - Mudd Club on a Monday night - 1 for a pint of McEwans!! It was a horrible pint, but it tasted good cos it only cost 1. Happy days. Bring back the Palace and get rid of that hellhole that is Liquid :down:

Yeah, now Private Eyes 2. The Palace - Mudd Club on a Monday night - 1 for a pint of McEwans!! It was a horrible pint, but it tasted good cos it only cost 1. Happy days. Bring back the Palace and get rid of that hellhole that is Liquid :down:

I remember going into the place above what was then Voodoo Lounge in 1996 (was it still Mr Gee's then?) when it was 50p a pint night with a 20 note thinking "Magic, 40 pints for me."

I remember going into the place above what was then Voodoo Lounge in 1996 (was it still Mr Gee's then?) when it was 50p a pint night with a 20 note thinking "Magic, 40 pints for me."

I was never in Mr G's - slightly before my time (only by a couple of years) - I had heard of it though. 40 pints all you can handle...?

Mr Gee's was Club Tropicana wasn't it?

I think you're right there. Now you mention it, I don't think Mr Gee's was before my time. I think someone told me it was a 25 and overs club. I was happy to get in anywhere that was 18+ cos I wasn't quite 18 in 1st year at uni, and never tried Mr Gee's but now that you've mentioned it being up there, I think it was "beside Riley's".

I think you're right there. Now you mention it, I don't think Mr Gee's was before my time. I think someone told me it was a 25 and overs club. I was happy to get in anywhere that was 18+ cos I wasn't quite 18 in 1st year at uni, and never tried Mr Gee's but now that you've mentioned it being up there, I think it was "beside Riley's".

I was only in Mr Gees a couple of times but my memories of it are that it played predominintely 70s disco music, the bogs were full of drug dealers, and a guy I was in with spewed all over a table once then fell alseep with his face in it.