aberdeen-music

Annie Stevenson

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I happened upon this band at the weekend, playing at Whistlebinkies in Edinburgh:

MySpace.com - Annie Stevenson (NEW SONGS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD) - Glasgow, UK - Alternative / Rock / Tropical - www.myspace.com/anniestevenson

Very very good live band - I've not listened to their recordings yet, so not sure if it comes across as well as it did live. Definitely a band worth checking out though!

They had a sound that verged on punk at times, but seemed to seamlessly float back into indie and rock, and they managed to have a bit of Glasvegas, Green Day and Embrace about them as well. They've clearly got two different songwriters - the lead vocals were shared pretty evenly between the two guitarists, and each was different, but in a good way, from the other.

Cheers,

Calum :up:

good band, been on the go for many many years. quite a few fans from round abdn parts.

Hmmm, I'm actually not convinced - they look like real young guys, and their web presence suggests they've not been on the go for many many years.

I may be wrong, but you mixing them up with Annie Christian perhaps? I know they've been on the go for many many years and have played Aberdeen a good few times!

Cheers,

bugger. you are right. how did I manage that??

Finally.............. I've out music-knowledged stuartmaxwell :up:

I'm away to change my "Yas-min" of 2008...

Only kidding - very easy mistake to make - given the names are very unusual but similar at the same time!

Cheers,

Guest idol_wild
Now Annie Christian were awesome. I haven't however heard of Annie Stevenson.

They really were. I missed them when they played Aberdeen this year, sadly. Maybe they'll be back again sometime ;)

nae sure about that Paul!

whistlebinkies has been gash when I have played there and went there. full of people Id like to stab ha ha ha!

That was the first time I've been to Whistlebinkies and I was impressed. The atmosphere was really good, the bar staff were readily available despite it being mighty busy, and the music was good!

Annie Stevenson were really really good, and there was a covers band on from about 1am(ish), who were really good as well - quite different from covers bands I've seen before.

:up: