aberdeen-music

Driving Instructors?

kingofdeon

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Anyone know of any good driving instructors based in Aberdeen?

Obv there are shit loads out there but anyone reccommend any?

cheers

I learned to drive 3 years ago with a guy calling himself Mac school of motoring or something - he's from Peterhead but does lessons as far as Aberdeen. I thought he was pretty good, and got me through my test pretty quickly with only three minors... His actual name was Mark something...

Avoid A1 School of Motoring if you can - I did a few lessons with them many years ago and the guy wasn't very good at teaching me to drive in my opinion.

i did mine with bsm. i'd had a few lessons when i was younger with one driving instructor there but i hated it. i decided to restart the lessons a few years later and got a guy called gary, who was really good. passed first time with 2 minors and only took about 10 lessons (though i had my own car and had been going out in that too).

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm taking lessons with Roadwise just now - got a guy called Bob ... he's okay ... begins to try and push you forward after the 4th lesson but generally a good enough guy. If you're a girl and if you think you'll be a nervous driver I would recommend a female instructor, I'm beginning to wish I got a female instructor cos I had one before who was ace.

• 6 months later...
Is Roadwise still as highly recommended as it was when this thread wasn't dead?

Edit: Yes, I know the irony of me asking this while my avatar is a picture of me next to my motor...

I am currently learning with a guy called John with Roadwise. He is Dundonian, but other than that he's a good bloke and extremely good at teaching me to drive.

i would recommend suplimenting your lessons by checking out arnold clark's dual control car hire. if you can find someone with a license to take u out you can have a dual control car for about 10 quid an hour which is a hell of a lot cheaper than having more lessons. have a driving lesson once a week and then get the dual control to practice in. you can get more info from ac hire drive on canal street off of mounthooly roundabout

i would recommend suplimenting your lessons by checking out arnold clark's dual control car hire. if you can find someone with a license to take u out you can have a dual control car for about 10 quid an hour which is a hell of a lot cheaper than having more lessons. have a driving lesson once a week and then get the dual control to practice in. you can get more info from ac hire drive on canal street off of mounthooly roundabout

Agreed. I did this with my mum around 7/8 times whilst I was learning and it helped loads, just going over things a million times. Not sure how my mum coped but it was worth it!

I just passed my driving test last week (after a year of lessons and 1 failed test just before Christmas) after taking lessons with BSM (total waste of money; got sucked in by the 10 hours for 200 deal but had the most boring and creepy instructor going) and 1st Driver Training after my 10 hours with BSM were up. It's just one guy called Andy Stubbs and he was awesome. Had such a laugh with him and would recommend him to anyone. He wasn't pushy at all and was just generally a pleasure to learn with.

http://www.1stswift.co.uk/ if anyone's interested!