aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Gig Listings - New Myspace

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

If you're wanting to run a decent gig listings service, a good start is spelling the band names correctly.

Yeah - I agree. Typos are not good for this sort of service, and I'd corrected myself.

Cheers,

Calum

:up:

Some December Gigs

Monday 1 December

GREATER THE SHADOW + THE DAY I VANISHED + INAME @ Snafu, 21.00, Free

Tuesday 2 December

LITTLE COMETS + HEADLIGHT + CURATORS @ The Tunnels, 20.00, 5

Friday 5 December

THE LOCALS + DISCO FILTH + THE LIMITS + STIMULANT @ Drummonds, 20.00, 4

Saturday 6 December

KARTTA + THE FRENCH QUARTER + THE KAYS LAVELLE @ Snafu, 19.00, 4

FESTR + BLACK ATOM + ALBYN SCHOOL FOR GIRLS @ The Moorings, 20.00, 3

Sunday 7 December

THE PRESENT + JACKALOPE + TOM THE NOISEMONGER @ The Tunnels, 20.00, 5.50 (+bf) / 7 (door)

Monday 8 December

DAN LE SAC vs SCROOBIUS PIP @ Moshulu, 19.30, 10

RED MONGOOSE @ Snafu, 21.00, Free

Thursday 11 December

FRIGHTENED RABBIT @ Moshulu, 19.30, 8 (14+)

THOMAS TRUAX + 7 HERTZ + GREEN PONY @ The Tunnels, 20.00, 6

Friday 12 December

MEURSAULT + COME IN TOKYO + ESPERI + TBC @ Slanted & Enchanted @ The Tunnels (Room 2), 20.00, tbc

Friday 19 December

FIVEFIFTEEN + THE CONFIDANTES + CAPTAIN FACE + THE MARIONETTES + ELEVATION @ Fat Hippy Xmas Party @ Drummonds, 19.30, 3

Wednesday 31 December

THE LOCALS + DISCO FILTH + DJ STU @ Drummonds, 20.00, 5

VESUVIAN + KASHMIR RED + LOS CABACLEROS @ The Tunnels, 21.00, 5

Hit me up with any more gigs HERE

Cheers,

Calum

:up:

Guest idol_wild

Thursday 11 December

FRIGHTENED RABBIT @ Moshulu, 19.30, 8 (14+)

Friday 12 December

MEURSAULT + COME IN TOKYO + ESPERI + TBC @ Slanted & Enchanted @ The Tunnels (Room 2), 20.00, tbc

With regards to these two, Kartta are on the bill with Frightened Rabbit and De Rosa are the headliners for the Slanted + Enchanted Club Night. 5 / 3 after midnight.

Merci :)

With regards to these two, Kartta are on the bill with Frightened Rabbit and De Rosa are the headliners for the Slanted + Enchanted Club Night. 5 / 3 after midnight.

Merci :)

Cheers Phil :up:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump and stuff.

Remember to post your gig details etc through.

There was a bit of a lull for about a month with this, but it's looking rather sexy with loads of posters and shit on the site now.

Any folks who regularly put on gigs who'd like access to the myspace to add their own gigs and stuff, send me a PM. There's a few folk with access to it now - I clearly don't want to post the password etc on a public forum, but I'm happy to give folk access to it to add gig listings and posters.

Cheers :up:

• 8 months later...
Guest Gladstone

Ashamedly this myspace page fell by the wayside a while ago - not enough time and all that. I did share the login details with a couple of regular contributors, so hopefully it's being updated with their gigs at least...?

Here's what I propose to do though.

If you're a regular gig putter on-er send me a PM. I can give you the login details (privately - don't want just any riff raff abusing the page...) and you can add gigs etc.

There was a certain format I was using, to try and keep the listings neat and tidy, and posting jpegs of posters of a certain size etc down the left hand side of the page, which would be cool if anyone posting can stick to that etc etc etc.

I think this could work well with a few people looking after it. It could be a good tool if used correctly. :up:

And I intend to start keeping an eye on it again, and contributing where possible. I've just neglected it massively for about 6 months, which just ain't right...

Also - for anyone who wants a gig added, you can post in this thread (and/or PM me), and I'll do my best to keep on top of that side of things. Don't message the myspace page as the chances are when I get round to reading it, it might be too late.

Cheers :up: