aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Gig Listings - New Myspace

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

MySpace.com - Aberdeen Gig Listings - UK - www.myspace.com/aberdeengiglistings

is now fully functional. It's not as pretty as it will be when complete, but it will serve the purpose for the immediate future. (If anyone fancies designing a background for me, go for it..... something pretty plain, black background that says Aberdeen Gig Listings at the top... email it here - I don't have any graphics programmes at work :down:)

Get yourself added as a friend etc. and stick it in your top friends so visitors to your site will find it easily. I will be adding friends etc to try and increase the exposure of the site. The aim is to have anyone looking to find out what's on in Aberdeen directed there, and they'll easily find out what's on gigwise any night of any week in Aberdeen!

Any venues/promoters/bands wishing their gigs to be listed on here and promoted (solely through myspace comments at the moment, possibility of setting up a mailing list in the future) should click here to send an email.

Email should include all basic info such as Venue / Date / Doors / Door Tax / Line Up / Headline act, and age restriction (i.e. 18+ / 14+ / etc).

Also send any jpeg posters and I'll get them on the myspace site in the week approaching the gig.

Cheers,

Calum

:up:

Got a decent number of shows listed now, but if there are any that aren't on there that should be, send an e-mail HERE.

Coming up between now and the end of the month:

Friday 21 November

ATTACK! ATTACK! + HIDDEN LEAVES + WHICH WAY NOW @ Moshulu, 19.30, 6 (14+)

THE LITTLE KICKS + INDIAN RED LOPEZ + COOK HOUSE HEROES @ Lemon Tree, 20.00, 5

Saturday 22 November

SON HENRY BAND + COHOLOC + THE ELVIS SUICIDE + RECKLESS LIFE @ The Moorings, 20.00, 3

Monday 24 November

MY MIND'S WEAPON + YOUR FEARS + ENRAPTURE @ Snafu, 21.00, Free (with passes)

Tuesday 25 November

BABY DEE + PAUL CURRERI + BLACK CARROT @ The Tunnels, 20.00, 8.50 (+bf) / 10

Thursday 27 November

JAMES YORKSTON + THE PICTISH TRAIL (with ROZI PLAIN) + LAZY SHEEPDOG @ Carmelite Hotel, 20.00, 10 (+bf) / 12

Saturday 29 November

DODGY + THE UNDERKILLS @ Moshulu, 19.30, 15 (14+)

CERTAIN DEATH + ABLACH + THRASHIST REGIME + BULLET BELT BASTARDS @ The Moorings, 20.00, 3

That's already a pretty impressive line-up in my eyes, but there are definitely gigs missing from there - so send me an e-mail HERE with details!

Cheers,

Calum

Got a decent number of shows listed now, but if there are any that aren't on there that should be, send an e-mail HERE.

Coming up between now and the end of the month:

Friday 21 November

ATTACK! ATTACK! + HIDDEN LEAVES + WHICH WAY NOW @ Moshulu, 19.30, 6 (14+)

THE LITTLE KICKS + INDIAN RED LOPEZ + COOK HOUSE HEROES @ Lemon Tree, 20.00, 5

Saturday 22 November

SON HENRY BAND + COHOLOC + THE ELVIS SUICIDE + RECKLESS LIFE @ The Moorings, 20.00, 3

Monday 24 November

MY MIND'S WEAPON + YOUR FEARS + ENRAPTURE @ Snafu, 21.00, Free (with passes)

Tuesday 25 November

BABY DEE + PAUL CURRERI + BLACK CARROT @ The Tunnels, 20.00, 8.50 (+bf) / 10

Thursday 27 November

JAMES YORKSTON + THE PICTISH TRAIL (with ROZI PLAIN) + LAZY SHEEPDOG @ Carmelite Hotel, 20.00, 10 (+bf) / 12

Saturday 29 November

CERTAIN DEATH + ABLACH + THRASHIST REGIME + BULLET BELT BASTARDS @ The Moorings, 20.00, 3

That's already a pretty impressive line-up in my eyes, but there are definitely gigs missing from there - so send me an e-mail HERE with details!

Cheers,

Calum

A couple more to be added to the above list for gigs till the end of the month:

Saturday 22 November

DANANANANACKROYD + COPY HAHO @ Moshulu, 22.30, 6

Tuesday 25 November

FIGHT LIKE APES + THE X-CERTS + RESCUE PARTY @ Moshulu, 19.30, 5

Saturday 29 November

KLUNK + HIDDEN LEAVES + THE SNAKE TEMPLE KINGS + PROGADELLICA + GLISSANDO ORCHESTRA @ Fat Hippy Showcase (Drummonds), 3

Interesting spelling.

Hmmmm, you just can't stop yourself when you're typing it

Danananananananananananackroyd

I think it might actually be a tribute band

Okay, enough of the pettiness on my thread :popcorn:

Couple of dates to add for November:

Thursday 20 November

HEADLIGHT + CAPTAIN FACE + CRAIG SCOTT @ Aberdeen Student Radio Night @ The Tunnels, 20.00, 3

(I've guessed the support acts because despite asking, nobody has confirmed who the support acts are!! Aberdeen Student Radio website says Captain Face, and Headlight's Myspace says Craig Scott - someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Sunday 23 November

DIGITALISM @ Snafu, 21.00, 15

Saturday 29 November

SHITDISCO (DJ SET) + FINDO GASK + HAUNTED @ Adventures Close To Home @ Moshulu, 23.00, 6

Cheers,

Calum

Nice one, a google search of "Aberdeen Gig Listings" has finally got the new myspace on the first page of the search. Keep hitting the site and telling folks about it, so we can get right up to the top, so everyone will know where to visit to find out about gigs in Aberdeen!!

And add as a friend on myspace, and stick it in your top friends!

Cheers,

Calum

Okay, enough of the pettiness on my thread :popcorn:

Couple of dates to add for November:

Thursday 20 November

HEADLIGHT + CAPTAIN FACE + CRAIG SCOTT @ Aberdeen Student Radio Night @ The Tunnels, 20.00, 3

(I've guessed the support acts because despite asking, nobody has confirmed who the support acts are!! Aberdeen Student Radio website says Captain Face, and Headlight's Myspace says Craig Scott - someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Sunday 23 November

DIGITALISM @ Snafu, 21.00, 15

Saturday 29 November

SHITDISCO (DJ SET) + FINDO GASK + HAUNTED @ Adventures Close To Home @ Moshulu, 23.00, 6

Cheers,

Calum

Captain Face are no longer playing the Tunnels tonight.

Christ, I just noticed that after two (or was it three) attempts, I'd still spelt Dananananaykroyd wrong! :dunce:

Anyways couple of November shows added since the original post, so a list of what's coming up until the end of the month:

Thursday 27 November

Saturday 29 November

KLUNK + HIDDEN LEAVES + THE SNAKE TEMPLE KINGS + PROGADELLICA + GLISSANDO ORCHESTRA @ Fat Hippy Showcase @ Cafe Drummonds, 19.30, 3

SHITDISCO (DJ SET) + FINDO GASK + HAUNTED HOUSE PARTY @ Adventures Close To Home @ Moshulu, 23.00, 6

Keep coming at me with your gig dates - send them HERE

And add the myspace page as a friend - stick it in your top friends etc etc

Cheers,

Calum

Guest idol_wild
Look - this is a thread to list gigs in Aberdeen, keep your petty posts for elsewhere if you please 8-)

Cheers,

Calum :up:

Ach, he knows I'm just yanking his chain, as it were. :)

I never get involved in petty crap.

Ahem. :princess:

Ach, he knows I'm just yanking his chain, as it were. :)

I never get involved in petty crap.

Ahem. :princess:

Wasn't really aimed at you - if someone comes on complaining about the spelling police with a blatant spelling mistake, someone will pick up on it - always happens.... ;)

Let's keep it to gig listings though....