aberdeen-music

Freeview TV - completely shit

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

So I have a freeview box and the only extra channels I can get are E4, more 4, itv 2, bbc 3, itv 3 and BBC news. I live near pittodrie stadium, why the fuck do I not get all the channels that are available on freeview? I have signal boosters etc, yet ALL THE TIME the signal cuts out and the box restarts itself. If I watch the box in my room, and not in the living room, the signal without a booster do....es......th......i......s.........all....t.....he.............tim........e

When it was just straight plugged in from the aerial the picture was shit and I got less channels, but at least I could watch what the fuck it was I wanted to without it switching off all the time. Is it just Aberdeen, or my part of the city that is shit for freeview? I want to punch it in the cunt and give it cancer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the bottom floor of a flat so not really a great view across the rooftops tbh. Is it still worth trying that aerial out?

Ah, who can say... it's proven better than any indoor aerial I've ever used so it might improve your situation somewhat. Maybe. They might take it back if it looks unopened.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

mine also sucks quite a lot of balls.i used to only get 3,4 and e4. then i got the bbc channels including three, and film4. then channel 5, shopping channels & music channels all appeared but wouldn't get a good picture. and now i don't get any of them so i got pissed off and plugged the aerial straight into the tv and now i can't even be bothered to see if freeview is working again. for something that is going to be the sole transmission of the UK's entire television programming in the next year or something, it's a pretty weak effort so far.

I'm just off Crown Street and I reckon the BT building has shafted my hope of getting decent reception. I was fairly happy with it until a while ago when they introduced Ch4+1 and that took the place of Film 4 so now I've just got duplicates channels.

To be fair though, the only channels I don't have that I'd watch are Dave and film 4, so I'm not missing much.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I had a freeview box that worked fine in my flat on King Street till my aerial fell off the roof on a windy night...! I bought one of those indoor aerials and it just didn't cut it. We lived in the bottom floor. We ended up getting Sky because it was going to cost so much to pay someone to go and put our aerial back up on the massively high roof!

It might be cheaper to get sky+broadband+landline than you are currently paying all together with free installation.

8mb broadband with wireless router, 2 channel packages, free evening and weekend calls 37 pcm

It might be cheaper to get sky+broadband+landline than you are currently paying all together with free installation.

8mb broadband with wireless router, 2 channel packages, free evening and weekend calls 37 pcm

I was getting all that for 26 up until last month when I cancelled. Well, actually, I'm not sure what you mean by "2 channel packages", I got the full package minus movies and sports for 21, then broadband was another fiver.

Not even the remotest chance of decent Freeview reception with us (Balgownie repeater == crap). We were lucky though, the council put a communal dish on the side of our building and we got a feed from it even though we're not council tenants (which was nice of them). One Sky box on ebay and a 20 viewing card (to descramble Ch4 and five) later and we were up and away. Now that E4/More4 are available free to view (previously free to air) on Sky, it's even better.

Just checked the Freeview for us just now and this is the choice:

BBC1,2,3

CBBC

BBC News

Radio Scotland

That's it. So, officially worse than analogue at the moment.

Reckon they'll be ready to switch off the analogue signal up here in 2010?

I was getting all that for 26 up until last month when I cancelled. Well, actually, I'm not sure what you mean by "2 channel packages", I got the full package minus movies and sports for 21, then broadband was another fiver.

Yeh thats the same package but including line rental