aberdeen-music

Bets, bets, bets...

Adam Easy Wishes

So.

After an extremely unsuccessful midweek (thanks to Rangers and Lyon failing to get a win), I've gone for hopefully safer options this weekend (15th/16th Nov).

Any other tips? (RossP..?!)

Accumulator:

MAN UTD v Stoke

West Brom v CHELSEA

Southampton v WOLVES

Clyde v ST JOHNSTONE

Trebles:

FALKIRK v MOTHERWELL (draw)

INVERNESS CT v HEARTS (draw)

Kilmarnock v DUNDEE UTD

RANGERS v St Mirren

Hamilton v CELTIC

• 4 weeks later...

Any other tips? (RossP..?!)

Only just noticed this thread...

At the weekend I had a massive tip from 'an internal source' at Colchester, who said they would cuff Hereford on saturday. Checked the odds/form/squads etc and yes it did all seem to point towards a Colchester home win: 50 double on them and Rangers winning (v. Hamilton).

Hereford only went and got their first way win of 2008 :down:

Luckily Wolfie won me my 50 back in the darts the next day and I turned it into another 50 profit thanks to a jammy win for Seville (Sevilla? The team that Kanoute plays for...) against Real Madrid and a cheeky 10 'draw no bet' on Spurs last night.

I'm not confident of an easy Chelsea win tonight, especially when the best odds you'll get are 1/6. They won't get beat though... so I might put the 100 odd quid in my account on a DNB on Chelsea to try and get another 8 or so, should they win (I get my money back if it is a draw).

Also might wait on the team lineups and have a cheeky 5 on anytime scorer.

Difficult to know what to expect tonight, what with a lot of teams having nothing but pride to play for.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Any other tips?

Yeah, put a fucking pound in a post office account every week, you'll be better off financially and not spend your life worrying about making a shitty 20 quid win every 6 months whilst losing the same over the course of the fortnight that follows it.

Of course you would, given you have no interest in football in the slightest. For those of us who are, betting modestly on the outcome adds another thrill to it all...or something like that.

Exactly. Little bets now and again are great, I don't get why people look down their noses at it. I probably spend about the equivalent of a round of drinks on it a month. It adds an extra dimension to the results coming in. For tonight I've got Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Inter and Sporting all to win. Seems a decent enough bet to me going on the recent form of the last three.

Exactly. Little bets now and again are great, I don't get why people look down their noses at it. I probably spend about the equivalent of a round of drinks on it a month. It adds an extra dimension to the results coming in. For tonight I've got Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Inter and Sporting all to win. Seems a decent enough bet to me going on the recent form of the last three.

To quote SkyBet: "It matters more when there is money on it" :gringo: