aberdeen-music

Left 4 Dead

The Kernel Loaf

• 3 weeks later...
i want this game, but with money troubes, saving and such like, is it worth the punt? is it my new call of duty 4? am i going to want to spend hours slaving away at the achievements, and un-countable units of time playing XBL?

In honesty, probably not. I can guarantee that you will be playing it for hours, however if you are a hardcore CoD player, then it may not have enough for you to keep coming back to - at least not at the moment.

Valve are working on the Survival Pack DLC that will add the other two campaigns to Versus mode (Dead Air and Death Toll), along with a new Survival mode. Additionally, they will be releasing the Software Development Kit for that version of the Source engine so users can create custom maps and mods (although I am unsure if this will be available for 360 users aswell). This will be free for both PC and 360 owners (thanks to Microsoft not adding their shitty charges to it). This DLC will come packaged in a Critics Choice edition of the game which will be released at the same time as the update is available for original copies of the game.

I'd recommend waiting until that content is out if you are struggling for cash - the Critics Choice edition may be the RRP of a new 360 games, however that will mean copies of the original game should drop significantly. This means you can get the original copy of the game for cheaper and then download the Survival Pack for free. :)

Rumour on the mill is that this is coming within the next months (saying that, it was supposed to be released months ago). There are a lot of new levels rumoured, including a 'Dawn of the Dead' conquest.

Tbh, I'd say it's easily worth buying now... it's not an expensive game and if you get to know the game then you'll probably have more fun with the new levels - I can imagine they aren't going to be that easy :p

Yes - someone is making the Crossroads mall from the Dawn of the Dead remake, and a few other guys intend on making the entire Resident Evil 2. These are unofficial maps of course.