aberdeen-music

Left 4 Dead

The Kernel Loaf

i'v been playing this on the xbox 360 online and while it is great fun, it does look a bit creaky. Also once you get past the novelty of running zombies attacking you there isn't actually that much to the game.

I rekon it's one to get once it's cheap for me.

I think the simplicity of it is what makes it so great. The survival horror genre has become so cluttered with complex controls in recent years that it has focused more on the gameplay rather than the setting. A prime example is Resident Evil 4 - while it is an absolutely amazing game, it is nowhere near as scary as Nemesis chasing you for example.

And come on, how can anyone not like butting a zombie in the face with your gun until they die?

I played this with friends on the Xbox, we were working as a team and it was great. But then you have to kill a massive bunch of them and the adrenaline gets going and after we finished them all off, I spotted one hiding like behind a train in a corner.

I though "Oooooooh yeah, gonna kill me some zombie!!". Went over, turned my light on, it was a witch, we all died and I laughed my arse off as my friends cursed me (because I was the first to die obviously).

Good game though, great with friends. Rubbish with stupid random people on XBL who just run gung ho in and alert everything within a two mile radius that we are there.

Although an amusing way to get your own back on them is to run into the safe room first and keep closing the door as they try to get in. :up:

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't played the game yet but why are the witches so bad? Are they hellish to kill... or is it that you can't kill them? ?(

You can kill them but aye they tend to take more of a kicking than your average zombie. Plus it's just extremely annoying getting through a mental horde of zombies, carrying on for a little bit with very little ammo and health and hearing a witch moaning, waking it up accidentally and getting your arse kicked.

Although its got a random respawn thing on the game for the zombies I think so you could get to the same part of the mission and not find a witch there the next time, which is pretty cool.

You can kill them but aye they tend to take more of a kicking than your average zombie. Plus it's just extremely annoying getting through a mental horde of zombies, carrying on for a little bit with very little ammo and health and hearing a witch moaning, waking it up accidentally and getting your arse kicked.

Although its got a random respawn thing on the game for the zombies I think so you could get to the same part of the mission and not find a witch there the next time, which is pretty cool.

Really? The witches are pretty piss easy to kill if you want to do them in. You can either throw a molotov from far away and blast them with the assault rifle from a distance, or you can do the trick that allows you to get the one hit kill achievement. Sneak up behind her, jump, look down and then shoot with the auto shotgun.

There is nothing more annoying than Zoey as an AI. She always seems to fuck things up for me (setting off cars with alarms, shooting boomers before butting them away first etc.)

Anyway, my Steam ID is 'rainbowbunny' if anyone fancies a game.

Really? The witches are pretty piss easy to kill if you want to do them in. You can either throw a molotov from far away and blast them with the assault rifle from a distance, or you can do the trick that allows you to get the one hit kill achievement. Sneak up behind her, jump, look down and then shoot with the auto shotgun.

There is nothing more annoying than Zoey as an AI. She always seems to fuck things up for me (setting off cars with alarms, shooting boomers before butting them away first etc.)

Anyway, my Steam ID is 'rainbowbunny' if anyone fancies a game.

Aye there pretty easy to kill if you're prepared but if you stumble across one it can totally fuck you over!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hadn't heard of it until last night when a mate suggested a few of us buy it to play on Xbox Live, as it is incredible in multiplayer (apparently).

Thought i'd be able to pick it up for about 25 as well, but couldn't see it anywhere cheaper than the above link.

There was a website I used that listed the cheapest prices online for all games, but for the life of me I can't remember it now!! Gametracker...Gameseeker...? Can't remember. It was good though!