aberdeen-music

4 new episodes of Red Dwarf on the way

Lemonade

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We thought the first episode was pretty poor but the second and third did actually feel like red Dwarf, loved Craig Charles line about how he needed to get back to the Priory after meeting himself, I also thought it might have been better had Doug naylor played the creator, good to see kochanski back and they did manage to keep that cameo very quiet opens up the potential for a new series and apparently none of them are ruling it out, i'd be intersted to see what the ratings for Dave those nights were, i'd guess by far the ebst they've ever had.

i'd be intersted to see what the ratings for Dave those nights were, i'd guess by far the ebst they've ever had.

the ratings were 2.06m (10%) for the initial showing. A further 341k (1.9%) watched it at 10pm on timeshift channel Dave ja vu.

The second episode ratings were 937k (4.5%)

To be honest I find the "It was all just a dream/hallucination" ending to be the worst in script writing, but this was validated by the fact that the "dream/hallucination" was actually "real".

So that, according to Red Dwarf reality the only reason our Universe exists is because they hallucinated it.

Have any of you read any books written by Rob Grant after the pair split? Seems clear from reading those that he's been the real brains behind the more enlightened stuff, particularly evident in Incompetence.

Even within the Red Dwarf universe, "Backwards" easily trumps "The Last Human" (written by Grant and Naylor respectively).

If you haven't read anything by Rob Grant I highly recommend Incompetence and "Fat".