aberdeen-music

4 new episodes of Red Dwarf on the way

Lemonade

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt it lost it when they started filming it differently (don't know the technicalities...but it became very 'digital' and somehow a barrier popped up between the viewer and the onscreen antics).

Too right manny, just wasn't the same with all the funcy special effects.

Bring it back with the tiny-budget charm that we all know and love.

• 2 weeks later...
Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Rimmer looks old as fuck. Which is impossible cause holograms don't age.

who's to say that aint a hologram of the rimmer that was brought back to life by the nanobots :p and he lived a few more years as a human, went grey, and died somehow?

Oh yeah, good point. I forgot he was resurrected.

maybe i;m just desperately hoping this'll be good.

also

this spoilered below me makes me think we're in for some proper hilarity in these episodes.

Carbug.png?t=1233860444

and they've been filming in the old comic shop from Spaced. I reckon it'll be a virtual reality kind of thing, like Back To Reality, but a bit more like Better Than Life. Carbug, though, lol

• 1 month later...
it was funny, i really enjoyed it:) stopped a bit too suddenly, would benefit being seen with all three episodes at once

too hard to please, some people :)

Seriously? What bits? The only bit that approached being amusing was Lister being smacked up against the screen in the background by the squid. Dialogue didn't have any of the wit of Red Dwarf.

Seriously? What bits? The only bit that approached being amusing was Lister being smacked up against the screen in the background by the squid. Dialogue didn't have any of the wit of Red Dwarf.

yes, seriously, and most of it, if im honest

i've been watching dwarf since i was 6/7 (first ep i saw was Dimension Jump, if i remember correctly) , so probably a bit biased:) each to their own though, i'll stand by what i think :)

So yeah am i missing something here....I tuned in eager as whats its to see how season 8 finally ends and what do i get ....A total random red dwarf episode.....Where is the rest of the ressurected crew...I hated the ressurected crew like but surely these 3 specials will have to tie up with the rest of the seasons?.....I enjoyed it i just dont get it....

So yeah am i missing something here....I tuned in eager as whats its to see how season 8 finally ends and what do i get ....A total random red dwarf episode.....Where is the rest of the ressurected crew...I hated the ressurected crew like but surely these 3 specials will have to tie up with the rest of the seasons?.....I enjoyed it i just dont get it....

They might go back to it, like when Season 8 just started out of nowhere with them in prison.

Mind you with only 2 more episodes of 20 minutes or so each, I doubt it.

I laughed out loud once at the sci-fi shop guy 'listening to music' and the bladerunner picture bit was a pretty amusing parody. Still the whole premise of part 2 is LAZY. Bad Dave, I expected more of you but you're apparently just good for reruns! Which I like!

They might go back to it, like when Season 8 just started out of nowhere with them in prison.

Mind you with only 2 more episodes of 20 minutes or so each, I doubt it.

ep 1 of vii - after the bug had been blown up, they just skipped to the aftermath

ep 1 of iii - got a superfast star wars-type intro

red dwarf dont really do recaps, thy just skim past them; always have done

tonight was a good laugh, the guy in the tv shop though

"sci fi....it's all bollocks, isnt it?":up:

ep 1 of vii - after the bug had been blown up, they just skipped to the aftermath

ep 1 of iii - got a superfast star wars-type intro

red dwarf dont really do recaps, thy just skim past them; always have done

They do seem to be slowly uncovering what happened in between. The whole season 9 and 10 thing is pretty tongue in cheek, but I imagine the Kochanski story isn't going to just be thrown away.

I actually think it's pretty good. I think once you've stuck the three bits together it'll make a nice wee story, and I think this one may actually fit continuity-wise as well.

wonder if she'll make an appearance tonight? well, as chloe annett in this universe

well, she did, but as kochanski

nicely kept secret that!

the blade runner stuff was a bit much, in fact it was far too much, and it being back to reality pt 2 was a bit naff

nice premise to end on though, go searching for kochanski :up: