aberdeen-music

Personal Trainers/Gym Programmes

Chris

How well equiped is this gym?

If your wanting to increase strength/speed you should probably concentrate on olympic lifts. Also squats and bench. Big movements, low reps.

Also if your doing enough cardio during your other type of exercise, you probably want to only do cardio as a warm up/warm down. Maybe one extra day if your keen (when your not lifting).

bang on,

if you want to learn how to lift, go to Ian ' you MUST squat below 90 degrees' Stott. He freelances at bannatynes and can do sessions or just programmes. He'll teach you how to lift and that so you don't completely muller your back too.

you'll find most top athletes don't do cardio, they just do their lifts twice a week with cardio warm ups/downs and thats it. i know for a fact this is how the grampian institute of sport is run. However, they will obviously train in their chosen sport, which supplements the cardio.

if you want to learn how to lift, go to Ian ' you MUST squat below 90 degrees' Stott. He freelances at bannatynes and can do sessions or just programmes. He'll teach you how to lift and that so you don't completely muller your back too.

It's true. I fecking hate squats though. I would rather do a million deadlifts than one squat, but sadly squats are a must do.