aberdeen-music

Xbox HMDI Cable Problem - Help?

Adam Easy Wishes

How do you get an HDMI cable to work with an Xbox 360?

When you plug it in (one end to Xbox, one end to TV) it doesn't just work...Microsoft support site says to change the settings on the Xbox dashboard, however in order for the HDMI cable to be connected to the Xbox you have to unplug the existing SCART-like cable therefore not being able to see the 'dashboard' on the TV screen. (Coupled with the fact the Xbox resets when you unplug / plug in the SCART cable anyway so you couldn't set it up so you only had to push one button to change the settings then switch cables and do it blind).

It's a total nightmare, and I probably haven't explained it right, so...anyone with suggestions / experience in this?

Thanks a lot!

All I did was buy an HDMI cable and plug it in, no problems at all. You're making it sound a lot more complicated than it should be I think.

What settings are you wanting to change on the dashboard? Can you not change them with the SCART connected, then swap to the HDMI after?

Good - I hoped it would be you to reply. :)

I probably am over-complicating things. It was to change a HD setting from 780 to 1080 - I just figured that was the problem. I am probably wrong.

Plugging the HDMI cable in just results in a blue screen. It obviously recognises the Xbox because the screen is black when the Xbox is switched off and blue when it's switched on, but no actual picture.

The page on the Microsoft website said that if there was no picture, to alter settings on the Xbox dashboard.