aberdeen-music

Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

MySpace.com - Exposure @ Lemon Tree - UK - Indie / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/lemontreeexposure

Exposure @ Lemon Tree is the latest exciting clubnight to be added to the Aberdeen music scene, which just gets better and better!!

Bands click here for full information on playing at the clubnight and securing support slots at the Lemon Tree

The clubnight will run on the first Friday of each month, starting on Friday 6th February.

Next Exposure @ Lemon Tree Clubnight:

Friday 6th February

Lady Mercedes

MySpace.com - Lady Mercedes - Aberdeen/London, UK - Rock / R&B / Blues - www.myspace.com/ladymercedesuk

Rescue Party

MySpace.com - RescueParty - Aberdeen, UK - Indie / Alternative / Pop - www.myspace.com/rescuepartyonline

Fivefifteen

MySpace.com - fivefifteen - Aberdeen, Scotland - Indie / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/fivefifteen

Velvet Audio

MySpace.com - Velvet Audio - Aberdeen, UK - Rock / Alternative / Indie - www.myspace.com/velvetaudioband

The guest DJ for the February clubnight will be none other than the legendary Creation Records founder, Alan McGee.

MySpace.com - ALAN MCGEE - 48 - Male - London , London and South East - www.myspace.com/deathdiscolondon

McGee is best known as the man who discovered Oasis, but he has also worked with and/or managed The Libertines, Primal Scream, the Jesus and Mary Chain, Teenage Fanclub, My Bloody Valentine, The Hives, Dirty Pretty Things and the Charlatans amongst many others.

McGee has always been a pioneer of new music, and Creation Records was arguably the most successful independent label in the Oasis heydays.

McGee now DJs around the world, including DJ residencies at Death Disco New York, Budapest and Los Angeles.

TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE:

Aberdeen Box Office

Exposure @ Lemon Tree is also delighted to have local favourites My Mind's Weapon and Set Light Our Kingdom confirmed for the clubnight on Friday 6th March.

MySpace.com - MY MINDS WEAPON [sign to Drakkar/SonyBMG!] - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Hardcore / Progressive - www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

MySpace.com - SET LIGHT OUR KINGDOM (NEW SONG UP!) - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/setlightourkingdom

Cheers,

Calum :up:

Friday 6th March - Line up confirmed

We are delighted to confirm the following bands for the March clubnight (Guest DJ still tbc):

My Mind's Weapon

MySpace.com - MY MINDS WEAPON [sign to Drakkar/SonyBMG!] - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Hardcore / Progressive - www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

Set Light Our Kingdom

MySpace.com - SET LIGHT OUR KINGDOM (NEW SONG UP!) - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/setlightourkingdom

allstationsdown

MySpace.com - allstationsdown (Looking For New Bassist) - Aberdeen, UK - Screamo / Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/allstationsdown

Hot Mangu

MySpace.com - HOT MANGU (NEW SONG "BBQ" LISTEN NOW) - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Funk / Rock - www.myspace.com/hotmangu

Tickets for the February clubnight featuring Guest DJ Alan McGee and live performances by Lady Mercedes / Rescue Party / Fivefifteen / Velvet Audio are onsale from Aberdeen Box Office:

THE LEMON TREE downstairs : Productions : Exposure@Lemon Tree

Cheers,

Calum

:up:

"Out of the Hat" Clubnights...

Hi guys,

Another update for you on the Exposure Clubnights.

It has been decided/agreed that the clubnights will be ran on an "out of the hat" basis, so line-up orders and stage times will not be released to the public at large, and it will be drawn out of a hat (we haven't decided on which type of hat to use yet - open to suggestions... ;)) on the day of the clubnight to see which band opens, closes etc.

The stage times will still not be shown anywhere in the venue etc on the night.

The obvious idea behind this is to try and make sure everyone coming to the clubnight comes down at the start of the night, and hopefully keep everyone there for as long as possible, rather than just turning up for the 30 minutes their mates' band is playing.

So, in February, we have Lady Mercedes / Rescue Party / Fivefifteen / Velvet Audio and any one of them could play first or last (or in the middle...), which should make for a more interesting evening of entertainment, and hopefully some of the bands will have people there watching them who possibly wouldn't have turned up etc etc

We also have the added bonus of Alan McGee DJ'ing throughout the evening's proceedings, which should attract some more music lovers.........

Cheers,

Calum

I cannae wait for this gig!

Also; we played Alan McGee's clubnight in London a coupla months ago, and I can safely say that his DJ set was wunderbar. All five Praisers were shaking our booties for hours!

Love from Christy

Like the man says, Alan McGee's DJ sets are amazing....

MySpace.com - ALAN MCGEE - 48 - Male - London , London and South East - www.myspace.com/deathdiscolondon

To avoid disappointment, buy your tickets here:

Alan McGee DJing throughout the evening, plus live performances from:

Lady Mercedes

Rescue Party

Fivefifteen

Velvet Audio

Cheers,

Calum

Delighted to announce that the guest DJ for Friday 6th March will be:

FLOOD OF RED

MySpace.com - flood of red - Glasgow, UK - Rock / Ambient / Screamo - www.myspace.com/floodofred

Tickets for Friday 6th February with Alan McGee / Lady Mercedes / Rescue Party / Fivefifteen / Velvet Audio are now starting to sell, to make sure you don't miss out get your tickets here:

Cheers,

Calum

Delighted to announce that the guest DJ for Friday 6th March will be:

FLOOD OF RED

MySpace.com - flood of red - Glasgow, UK - Rock / Ambient / Screamo - www.myspace.com/floodofred

Tickets for Friday 6th February with Alan McGee / Lady Mercedes / Rescue Party / Fivefifteen / Velvet Audio are now starting to sell, to make sure you don't miss out get your tickets here:

Cheers,

Calum

Think I'll try to get along to the March one, that lineup is pretty tidy like.

Think I'll try to get along to the March one, that lineup is pretty tidy like.

That really surprises me from a man in Headlight........

I wouldn't have pictured a Headlight member being into metal bands, but hey, what do I know....?

By the way - are you the (in)famous Mitch Bain?

And........... the February line-up is equally awesome, you should go and buy a ticket.... go on, you know you want to.... ;)

I wouldn't have pictured a Headlight member being into metal bands, but hey, what do I know....?

And........... the February line-up is equally awesome, you should go and buy a ticket.... go on, you know you want to.... ;)

We love our metal. We just can't play it.

8-)

I love me some metal! Be it good old fashioned thrash, power metal or Swedish death metal, I'm pretty far into it in fact!

And yes, I am indeed. I remember playing a demo of yours the Sunday after Wizard 2007! Funny how things work out sometimes eh!

Are tickets on the go for the March one?

I love me some metal! Be it good old fashioned thrash, power metal or Swedish death metal, I'm pretty far into it in fact!

And yes, I am indeed. I remember playing a demo of yours the Sunday after Wizard 2007! Funny how things work out sometimes eh!

Are tickets on the go for the March one?

Yeah, I remember those heady days of 2007........

Tickets are not on sale for March yet, but you can be sure that I will be posting on this thread when they are..... :up:

Alan McGee just sent me this link:

Too Cool To Die

It's a website he's involved in - I've just had a quick look, worth checking out by the looks of it. New music reviews and interviews and the like.

Give it a click and have a read if you're interested.

Cheers,

Calum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reminder to get your tickets to see Alan McGee @ Lemon Tree on Friday 6th February

Live performances from

Lady Mercedes

Rescue Party

Fivefifteen

Velvet Audio

Doors open 8.15pm

Tickets 5 - Buy them at the link below

THE LEMON TREE LOUNGE : Productions : Exposure@Lemon Tree

Some exciting clubnights ahead, with some cracking guest DJs to be announced very soon

Cheers,

Calum :up:

Some nice words about Fivefifteen.....

Launching that single I was pretty sceptical, yet another alt/indie band sounding much the same as every other. I was rather positively disappointed. The title track - "S.O.S" is very dynamic, fast with some fine vocals. Noisy guitars softened by a warm sound of impressive Hammond organs sound great. The track ends with a good, old-school fast solo.

Second tune - "Have It All" has a really nice, riff and strong vocals where one can hear echoes of tha past, like The Beatles and early, psychedelic Pink Floyd. Nice, rocking track with a good tension build up.

The final track "Drive Baby Don't Walk" reveals heavy, intense, bluesy side of the band. Very strong, catchy rhythm, good lyrics and delicate solo at the end make it the best track on the single. Good one for driving.

"S.O.S" is well sang, well played and really well produced. Good one, worthy of purchase.

Subcity Radio // View topic - Fivefifteen - S.O.S

Fivefifteen

Developed from an initial three-piece in 2005 they soon enlisted a second guitarist and Hammond Organ player by the end of 2005 to further define the V:XV sound. This was not be the bands final line up however, 6 drummers later (very spinal tap-esque) and the latest V:XV 5-piece line up is now solid as a rock.

2008 saw the lads gig extensively throughout the UK (including some high profile tour supports and festival appearances) to support the release of their final single in the triptych of limited edition singles released on Fat Hippy. Early 2009 the lads are busy working on pre-production before taking a trip to London to record some new material with close friend & Producer Nick Tyler.

Fivefifteen are:

Simon Roberts (Vox, Guitars, Harmonica)

Lenny Webster ( Hammond , Rhodes , B/Vox)

Carl Walden (Guitars)

Billy Bilsland (Bass)

Martin Kelman (Drums & Percussion)

fivefifteen on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM ABERDEEN BOX OFFICE

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS