aberdeen-music

X-Box 360 backwards compatability issues

Afro Droid

I recently invested in the Arcade 360, and did a quick raid into Cashies for some old X-Box games (Star Wars: Episode III and X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge) and they won't fucking work on the 360 without and external hard-drive, according to the on-screen prompts. Is this because I bought the cheapest version of the console, or do I need to download some plug-in or some shit?

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360

Not sure if that'll help you anymore, but it notes that you need emulator software.

That's waht I was referring to, but stashed away in the FAQs is:

"Q: What is Xbox backward compatibility?

A: Xbox backward compatibility enables original Xbox games on the compatibility list to be played on your Xbox 360 console. Backward compatibility requires the Xbox 360 Hard Drive."

new dashboard?

New dashboard is out on the 19th - will require around 300MB and its required because youwon't be able to play on Live without.

Microsoft are giving memory cards away for free, you have to go to xbox.com and sign up there and also register your consoles serial number if you havn't already. 20GB harddrives will be made a hell of alot cheaper - 20 I believe so to the OP - I would wait until next wednesday before getting a new harddrive if the prices dont come down before then... which they should... :S

20GB harddrives will be made a hell of alot cheaper - 20 I believe so to the OP - I would wait until next wednesday before getting a new harddrive if the prices dont come down before then... which they should... :S

Sweet, I get paid next Thursday, excellent timing...

(Off to Ebay for some Classic X-box game-action...)

Before you buy any xbox games for your 360 you should check that they are compatible, not all original xbox games will work with the emulator. Theres a list on the xbox site of the games that should work. I was pretty pissed off cuz most of my original xbox collection was useless when i got my 360 and i had stupidly believed M$ when they said it was backwards compatible.