aberdeen-music

Jeffree Star

Inkster

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Possibly booking him for Glasgow. Depends on circumstances.

I think the guy is atrocious but people seem to like him

why the hell would you book him if you think he is atrocious?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Business perhaps?

I'm sure DF or whoever doesn't like every band they ever put on but they know what sells tickets and makes money :up:

DF are an internationally recognised company who put on some of the world's biggest acts. Are you really making a living out of all-local lineups at drummonds to the point where you choose bands based on the likelyhood of them making you a profit rather than being passionate about the music they make?

Guest treader.
DF are an internationally recognised company who put on some of the world's biggest acts. Are you really making a living out of all-local lineups at drummonds to the point where you choose bands based on the likelyhood of them making you a profit rather than being passionate about the music they make?

and bingo was his name-oh.

I have never once put on an all local line-up in Drummonds or anywhere else for that matter. Who I choose to book is up to me and who I work with, not you.

I always cater for my own music tastes within reason because if all I ever did was put on bands I like then I'd probably never make any money out of it but once in a while I'm quite entitled to follow the buck and book someone outwith my comfort zone who I think will make me some money, especially in today's credit crunch climate. Makin money on some shows allows me to put on bands I feel really strongly about and want to help reach a bigger/wider audience than what they might be used to.

DF started out doing something they were passionate about back in the day until they grew a lot bigger.

I'm gonna stop now cos I shouldn't feel the need to explain myself to you or anyone else.

Guest treader.

from the way this thread has gone, I would suggest not booking Jeffree Star. Nobody gives a fucking shit whether or not he/she/it comes here, and let's be honest, if he/she/it did, it'd probably get it's fucking head kicked in.

fucking.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Who I choose to book is up to me and who I work with, not you.

If you don't like my opinion don't ask for it, arsehole. A good way of keeping people out of your business is not to post threads on public forums asking for their feedback on it.

If you don't like my opinion don't ask for it, arsehole. A good way of keeping people out of your business is not to post threads on public forums asking for their feedback on it.

Your feedback wasn't about the artist in question but who and what I promote. Stick to the thread topic if you can :up: