aberdeen-music

'sunrise lamps' and stuff

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

has anyone ever used one of these

Dawn Simulator | DawnLite Natural Alarm Clock

or similar? a couple of years ago I had a winter of really shitty sleep which I attributed to regularly waking up at 7am in the pitch dark in a cold flat and feeling like it might as well be 3am. Last year it didn't seem to bother me, but since the clocks changed and it's started to get dark in the mornings i feel once again like I can barely scrape my eyes open when I wake up.

are these lamps total bullshit or do they actually work? if they do work, has anyone used a particular brand or model that they could suggest? the idea is that they gradually fade on in the morning to wake you up. I fancied them before but used to be so skint that i didn't really look into the idea.

Was looking in to these the other week but try to read as many reviews as you can because there seemed to be a lot of shitty models on the market. The ones with mainly positive reviews were coming in a 150 and above... rubbish.

Paul's top tip is getting everything done/ready the night before (shower, clothes, grub, bags etc) then wake up as late as you can and pretty much walk out the house... Leave it late enough and you HAVE to get up - no questions.

has anyone ever used one of these

Dawn Simulator | DawnLite Natural Alarm Clock

are these lamps total bullshit or do they actually work? if they do work, has anyone used a particular brand or model that they could suggest? the idea is that they gradually fade on in the morning to wake you up. I fancied them before but used to be so skint that i didn't really look into the idea.

I have one, it's been a godsend for me. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head. I will see if I can find the website for you. The one I have fades up in the morning and you can set it to fade down over 15 minutes or so when you go to bed. It also has a beeping alarm but I only needed that for a week or two until I got used to the light waking me up.

Was looking in to these the other week but try to read as many reviews as you can because there seemed to be a lot of shitty models on the market. The ones with mainly positive reviews were coming in a 150 and above... rubbish.

Paul's top tip is getting everything done/ready the night before (shower, clothes, grub, bags etc) then wake up as late as you can and pretty much walk out the house... Leave it late enough and you HAVE to get up - no questions.

Have you tried doing everything but shower at night? Shower in the morning should wake you up and get you going.

Try some exercise too, go for a run or cycle, do some press ups, have some lovin gets the blood flowing.

Try having some cod liver or fish oil(boots capsules or sainsburys sells it in half litre bottles for 1.54) when you get up, it helps with the lack of vitamin d and is good for waking you up for the day

No no, orgasms make girls sleepy too...if your ladyfriend is still awake for a while after I think you guys might want to have a wee chat about if it's really working for her ;)

I've been thinking about this light therapy malarky for a while, I get SAD and winter is pretty miserable for me anyway, but I've often got to be at work for 6.30. Getting ready for work when the stars are still out is rubbish. I'm not sure if I'd be woken up by a light going on though, I sleep through my alarm enough as it is.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

you're right, last time my girlfriend came she was out like a light. but that's because i punched her repeatedly as a punishment for enjoying sex with me. that was way back in the 70s though, things are different now.

• Upvote 1

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Guilty.

It's science.

Men orgasm and then want to go to sleep to recharge.

Women orgasm (LOL at the definite 'women can orgasm?' joke to follow) and it wakes them up because their bodies are programmed to look for as many cocks as possible, to increase their chances of being impregnated.

Are you quoting me word for word? Does this paragraph precede my 'boned dry' monologue?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
What is your 'boned dry' monologue? I'd like to hear it.

asshole, you've brought it up more than i ever said it. it's about the female anatomy and speculation about the length of time that it can produce lubricating mucous and the repercussions of sexual intercourse that overran this length of time