aberdeen-music

Happenings on Union Street

Scootray

Guest calumunderkills
Quick thinking for a man who's just been stabbed.

.....post-operative patients used to be given Guinness, as were blood donors, based on the belief that it was high in iron. BBC NEWS | Health | Guinness good for you - official

They seemed to be roping off the stairs down the side of Triple Kirks when I went past. 2 times in the centre of town in the past 3 days and I've seen 2 police cordons. It's like a Stuart MacBride novel I tell ye ("MacBridian"?!)......

I was driving out of Aberdeen (towards Ellon direction) at about 7pm last night, and King Street was closed from the St Machar roundabout, with all traffic being diverted down past the beach. There was just a police car across both lanes with it's flashing lights going and a policeman "standing guard"... Seems the police are being kept busy

(on reading the paper today, it tells me a young man got knocked over)

A mates mate of mine tried to kill herself jumping onto train tracks whilst the train was seconds away down near fransbrough or wherever she's from, and lost an arm. Can just see the blurb of her autobiography,

"As if life wasn't bad enough, i lost an arm in a suicde attempt"

poor girl:down:

Only one arm, a botched suicide attempt AND shit spelling. Poor lass ;)

that's some fall like.

That's the trouble with trying to off yourself from Union Bridge. Its not quite high enough to ensure certain death but it is high enough to leave you with pretty horriffic injuries that can take a while to kill you, or leave you severely disabled if you recover - As quite a few folk have discovered to their cost. :(

That's the trouble with trying to off yourself from Union Bridge. Its not quite high enough to ensure certain death but it is high enough to leave you with pretty horriffic injuries that can take a while to kill you, or leave you severely disabled if you recover - As quite a few folk have discovered to their cost. :(

My mate jumped off the top of the Shiprow carpark and thats not as high. I suppose you could say he was "lucky" and died quickly.

They got him on CCTV. He just walked calmly to the ledge and over he went.

Still no idea why?

Where would you recommend instead?

This isn't a recommendation though lol.

My mate jumped off the top of the Shiprow carpark and thats not as high. I suppose you could say he was "lucky" and died quickly.

They got him on CCTV. He just walked calmly to the ledge and over he went.

Still no idea why?

This isn't a recommendation though lol.

A friend went to the south of England before launching herself off a tall car park.

No Idea either - She seemed to have everything to live for. :(

Most certainly not!

At work we got a call one day from a guy who wanted to kill himself but was scared of heights and water.

wat.

On another occasion there was a guy who was far too drunk to make it over the edge of Union Bridge - Every time he tried to clamber over the parapet, he would slip & fall back onto the pavement before picking himself up & trying again.

The two police standing watching simply wated till he was too tired to try again & then lifted him & called-in the van that was sitting on Union Terrace. No closing-off/cordons in those days! o_O

Yeah I knew a friend of a friend who louped off the bridge to kill himself and woke up in hospital with both arms, both legs, his pelvis broken and his skull fractured, among other injuries.