aberdeen-music

Jacob's Stories + My Kappa Roots @ Peacock Visual Arts

vega

Rather pleased to announce:

Jacob's Stories + My Kappa Roots at Peacock Visual Arts! :)

Thursday 27th November.

Doors should be 8pm and it'll be 5 - I'll confirm this ASAP.

Poster will be up tonight or tomorrow.

The good stuff:

MySpace.com - Jacob’s Stories - UK - Acousmatic / Tape music / Concrete / Melodramatic Popular Song - www.myspace.com/jacobsstoriesband - seen supporting City and Colour. Stuart Lee brings keyboards, beats and a whole lot of awesome!

MySpace.com - My Kappa Roots - Glasgow, UK - Other - www.myspace.com/mykapparootsmusic - returns to Aberdeen after his September gig at Tunnels. A chap called Pablo. Tunes galore!

Yeah! :popcorn:

I was going to PM you at some point this week to see if there was any progress with getting him up... Delighted to see that a date is confirmed :)

Shame it isn't a weekend, but that won't affect my attendance. Will it be a 'donation' bar like previous Peacock gigs?

I believe there will be! I'm going to track down Monika that works there at some point this week just to confirm this and a few other things. From what she's mentioned it'll be there. :up:

Might be a local support added, depends on funds/time etc.

Really nice to see folk enthusiastic about it already. :)

Might be a local support added, depends on funds/time etc.

Kathryn Sawyers? :up:

Looking forward to it, and started to try and round up a wee posse. There's going to be quite a few underslept days at work coming up this month, what with the Scotland v. Argentina game and a few birthdays coming up. 6 weeks to xmas hols :love:

Kathryn Sawyers? :up:

Looking forward to it, and started to try and round up a wee posse. There's going to be quite a few underslept days at work coming up this month, what with the Scotland v. Argentina game and a few birthdays coming up. 6 weeks to xmas hols :love:

I never even considered her....:O I'll give her a listen.

Messaged Lamplighter about it but unfortunately he's starting a new job that week in Edinburgh or something and can't make it up.

Really appreciate the posse gathering! :up:

Hopefully it'll be a good evening. *crosses fingers* :)

Believe you are allowed full bands,seen neptune and lorenzo snow collective off the top of my head.

Peacock gigs always seem to be well attended,you should be sound money wise.

I just didn't fancy charging a small fortune but Avast! would be freakin' awesome in there - christmas lights etc!! I'll mull it over and speak to the necessary peeps too.

Worst comes to worst, I'm happy to try putting them on next year or something with yourself or that.

cool gig :) look forward to it :up:

maybe you should tell jacobs stories that Peacocks is in Aberdeen and not Glasgow tho! (check myspace) dont want him going to the wrong city now!

Hahaha, yeah, its been like that for a wee while *concern*. He's a bit rubbish at messaging back and stuff, but we're getting there. I was going to message him this week, I'll include that. :up:

I'm gutted as well. IMP have a gig the same night and I'd really, really like to see My Kappa Roots. And I haven't been to a gig at Peacock in ages.

Ah bugger. :down:

Mr. Phil (idol_wild) was saying the Carmelite Hotel is close by? Depending on if another act is added, he could well be on for 40 mins or something (I was just going to see what he fancied). Could always nip over for a wee bit! :up: