aberdeen-music

why bother?

tanglewood

does anyone here want to form/join a band or is it just the thought of being in a band that is enough for some.....

the reason for my rant is that,many ppl have pm'd me saying things like "ye dude i totally want to start a band,i am well up for it,when do we start?" etc etc so i organise jam/practice/meets etc and no one ever shows or gets back in toucho_O am i missing something?is this a new practical joke?or is there really that many lazy ppl that just have a spare of the moment thought to do it then realise it is actually hard work and that time/dedication toward a band is more effort than they can be bothered to be involved in?

dont get me wrong we can all change our minds but when certain ppl arrange certain things,then certain ppl can at least have the decency to let thus parties know!

anyways thats my rant over,feel free to criticise/speculate:popcorn:

Guest idol_wild
does anyone here want to form/join a band or is it just the thought of being in a band that is enough for some.....

the reason for my rant is that,many ppl have pm'd me saying things like "ye dude i totally want to start a band,i am well up for it,when do we start?" etc etc so i organise jam/practice/meets etc and no one ever shows or gets back in toucho_O am i missing something?is this a new practical joke?or is there really that many lazy ppl that just have a spare of the moment thought to do it then realise it is actually hard work and that time/dedication toward a band is more effort than they can be bothered to be involved in?

dont get me wrong we can all change our minds but when certain ppl arrange certain things,then certain ppl can at least have the decency to let thus parties know!

anyways thats my rant over,feel free to criticise/speculate:popcorn:

Apparently, this is quite a common thing, having spoken to others who are/have been in similar positions to yourself.

Thoroughly bizarre.

It's pants when people change their minds and flake out, but at the same time, everyone has their own lives to attend to. Bills to pay, friends and family etc, which usually prioritises over making a load of racket in a room. I guess stuff can crop up and catch you out, be it financially or whatever. Being in a band is expensive too. The amount I spent on strings, amp valves, repair costs and travelling last year was just ridiculous. We were lucky enough to have a drummer with a basement where we could jam or I would have been adding practice space fees to my expenses too. Luckily I still lived with my Dad for minimal rent and worked full time or it would have been impossible.

That all sounds very negative, as if I hate being in a band. When I moved away from Leeds last year, I vowed I didn't want to be in a band for a very long time. That didn't work out. I missed it, and now it's becoming a pretty important part of my life again. I guess it's worth the loss.

Guest idol_wild
It's pants when people change their minds and flake out, but at the same time, everyone has their own lives to attend to. Bills to pay, friends and family etc, which usually prioritises over making a load of racket in a room. I guess stuff can crop up and catch you out, be it financially or whatever. Being in a band is expensive too. The amount I spent on strings, amp valves, repair costs and travelling last year was just ridiculous. We were lucky enough to have a drummer with a basement where we could jam or I would have been adding practice space fees to my expenses too. Luckily I still lived with my Dad for minimal rent and worked full time or it would have been impossible.

That all sounds very negative, as if I hate being in a band. When I moved away from Leeds last year, I vowed I didn't want to be in a band for a very long time. That didn't work out. I missed it, and now it's becoming a pretty important part of my life again. I guess it's worth the loss.

I hear you.

What was your band called? I fancy a listen...