aberdeen-music

will smith, steven spielberg to remake "oldboy"

qzdiablo

Spielberg, Smith in talks for 'Oldboy' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

Steven Spielberg and Will Smith are in early discussions to collaborate on a remake of Chan Wook-park's "Oldboy." DreamWorks is in the process of securing the remake rights' date=' and the new pic will be distributed by Universal.

In the 2003 Korean original, a man gets kidnapped and held in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. Suddenly, he's released and given money, a cell phone and clothes and is set on a path to discover who destroyed his life so he can take revenge.

Spielberg had been looking for an opportunity to make a film with Smith, who would play the kidnapped man if all the pieces fall into place. Spielberg is looking for a writer to begin the development process. [/quote']

this has to be a total falsehood or some kind of elaborate joke, right? i really hope so.

I'm glad my eyes can't vomit!!!

This is probably one of the worst announcements in cinema history... Although there's been a identical (almost scene for scene) re-make from bollywood already:

Zinda

Synopsis: "Balajeet is kidnapped, and when he wakes up he is in a steel cell. Everyday plates of fried dumplings are pushed through a slot in the door; he sees no one, no one talks to him. He has nothing in his cell but a TV. Fourteen years of solitary confinement, and he doesn't have a clue why...and then one day, as suddenly as he was imprisoned, he is let loose. And he has four days to find out why."

Guest treader.

I had an idea for a film last night that would probably be better than another remake.

A medical photographer who, in order to drum up business, starts killing people. That's as far as I got.

still though...potential.