aberdeen-music

iTunes + Album Artwork

Guest idol_wild

Is there a way of allocating album artwork to an entire album at once, rather than having to access each individual track on the album to paste the artwork in?

I'd be keen to find that out as well.

Also is there any decent 3rd party file management software available for the iPod Touch

Guest treader.

here's how to do this:

1. copy the image of the artwork and then in iTunes open the artwork viewer in the bottom left corner.

2. click the first song of the album you want to do.

3. shift click the last song of the album so they are all highlighted.

4. right click in the "artwork viewer" tab and select 'paste artwork' or 'apply artwork' (i cant remember, im at work so dont have it to hand)

voila! that should be it (after a little loading time). hope that helps.

Guest idol_wild
here's how to do this:

1. copy the image of the artwork and then in iTunes open the artwork viewer in the bottom left corner.

2. click the first song of the album you want to do.

3. shift click the last song of the album so they are all highlighted.

4. right click in the "artwork viewer" tab and select 'paste artwork' or 'apply artwork' (i cant remember, im at work so dont have it to hand)

voila! that should be it (after a little loading time). hope that helps.

In theory, this is excellent.

But my version of iTunes doesn't seem to want to give em the option of the artwork viewer in the bottom left hand corner. The option on the drop down menu is greyed out.

Sometimes I dislike technology.

Guest treader.
In theory, this is excellent.

But my version of iTunes doesn't seem to want to give em the option of the artwork viewer in the bottom left hand corner. The option on the drop down menu is greyed out.

Sometimes I dislike technology.

Obvious question, but I take it you're using the latest itunes?

Guest idol_wild
Obvious question, but I take it you're using the latest itunes?

Yeah. It allows the artwork column to appear for the iTunes library - but not for my iPod.

I have no idea why they would do this...

Guest treader.

because god hates you.

I dunno. It should be fine in theory. Like I said, I cant access it at work, but when I get home tonight, I'll have a closer look for you. Because I'm nice like that.

I do the multiple select thing, and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

One strange thing that does happen, is the art work appears in the "slider" view (you know, the snazzy scrolling artwork selector), but when the lp "comes to the front" - it dissapears, then, when you slide past it, it appears in the squashed / sliding mode (that's hard to describe)...

Another annoying thing is that the artwork appears in the selctors, but not when you view the track / artist / album in the iTouch...

I was wondering if file format / quality / size etc makes a difference?

Guest Bob Double Jack

mines plays up all the time, i've seen my self selecting 2 songs at a time, pasting the artwork, the doing the next 2. sometimes it works ok. very frustrating at times.

Highlight all the tracks then right click on them and go to "get info". A box will come up asking if you're sure you want to edit multiple tracks, go to yes then just copy the album artwork jpeg in to the box.

Select every track you've got and right click and go to "get album artwork" as well, mine seemed to a fill a few of the blanks after that.