aberdeen-music

Cafe 52's 'Credit Munch'

Adam Easy Wishes

so is this basically nice food at cafe 52 but cheaper than c52s normal prices?

cos that would be pretty good, i'd eat some of that

Indeed it is. Their burgers could be described as "richt braw" and the cullen skink as "the dugs fuckin' baws" + plus it's near R&B, which is handy if you need a set of Ernie Super Slinky's to go.

In fact, one is minded to lunch there today (Sat).

Credit Munch?

The food may be fine but is that not a bit behind the times otherwise? Firms were getting-in with their oh-so funny plays on the credit crunch a good few months back.

Anyway, I'm not likely to be darkening Cafe 52's door again for other reasons. :swearing:

Did you work there? I know a bunch of folk who have worked there over the years and say the owner is a tosser.

Doesn't bode well though, does it? I don't think other restaurants are feeling the pinch so much that they have to lower prices so dramatically. If anything the costs should be going up to allow for delivery fees and general added expenses.

If anything the costs should be going up to allow for delivery fees and general added expenses.

It could be, cheaper prices + more people + quicker turnover in the restaurant = money.

I don't know anything about the catering business, but perhaps the problem at lunchtime in Cafe 52 was the fact nobody was going?

Well yeah, that's kind of what I was insinuating. The place seems to divide people, half the folk I know you have been love it, the others hate it. I've never eaten there myself so can't comment.

You'd be hard pressed to make much of a profit when you're charging 5 for a 2 course lunch though. If you look on the website they have the menus up we're not talking a bowl of pasta, there's all kinds of funcy ingrediants going on.

You'd be hard pressed to make much of a profit when you're charging 5 for a 2 course lunch though. If you look on the website they have the menus up we're not talking a bowl of pasta, there's all kinds of funcy ingrediants going on.

The menu looks yummy... But it's 5 for a main course, not 2 courses. So if people did have 2 courses they'd be making some more money. And if we're speaking about ladies who lunch there's possibly a bottle of wine thrown in.

In Glasgow you can get 3 courses for 3. I've never actually tried such delights, I think it might be interesting, these are proper old man's pubs, so you just never know!

The menu looks yummy... But it's 5 for a main course, not 2 courses. So if people did have 2 courses they'd be making some more money. And if we're speaking about ladies who lunch there's possibly a bottle of wine thrown in.

In Glasgow you can get 3 courses for 3. I've never actually tried such delights, I think it might be interesting, these are proper old man's pubs, so you just never know!

That's true, most restaurants make their cash out of booze.

It's a nice place to drink in summer, it's off the main road so you can feel quite relaxed sitting outside but it's always seemed a bit dark and crowded inside for my liking.

Musa's Cullen Skink has set the bar for me, it's amazing, so thick it's more like a stew than a soup.

in reading i saw an ad in a kebab shop window offering burgers at 60p....

Nom Monster like!

nommingdl6.gif

:D

As for Cafe 52 - No gossip. Just that the shitty way they turfed my ex & I out one night when they wanted a table we were inconvienently still eating at for a group who looked like they might be worth a bit more.

And no, we were not being unduly tardy over our meal & they had not made us aware of any reservation/deadline on the table when we ordered, so fuckem, I'm not wasting any more cash there again.